\Beginning October 10th, Australian health conscious shoppers can enjoy the newest Private Brand from grocer Coles. The new brand Coles Simply Less is a line of healthier products available at everyday prices. Developed by a dedicated team of chefs and nutritionists, Coles Simply Less provides a selection of over 90 nutritious products that haven’t sacrificed flavor, ranging from ready-made meals and snacks to dairy products, cereals and guilt-free treats.
Coles Simply Less products have been developed in response to Coles customer research highlighting Australians’ concerns regarding both the health of themselves and their family, and the ever-increasing cost of living:
- Over 70% of the Australians surveyed have attempted to lose weight in the last 12 months, with 1 in 2 Australians still currently trying
- 86% of Australians want to buy healthier foods and would like to purchase more than they currently do
- However, almost 60% of Australians are discouraged from choosing healthier options due to price, which they usually find are more expensive
Each item in the Coles Simply Less range has no artificial flavors or colors and will feature clearly labeled nutritional information, including absolute calorie count, making it easier for shoppers to identify healthier options.
“Our research indicated that Australians are looking for a healthier and tastier option for less. With a price point set at least 15% cheaper than the equivalent leading branded product, Coles Simply Less will change this category by proving that quality food does not need to hurt the hips or the hip pocket,” said Simon McDowell, Coles Group Director, Marketing.
The Coles Simply Less range has been tested and researched extensively, ensuring it reaches the Coles benchmark for high quality and a delicious taste. Only the best tasting products reach the shelves after rigorous internal blind taste testing, assessing the aroma, flavor and texture of each product.
Coles Simply Less products include the Sundried Tomato & Basil Chicken Penne ready-made meal, the Date, Sesame and Chia Seed Bars for a snack on-the-go or a guilt-free treat like a Vanilla Caramel Mini Light Ice Cream.
The Coles Simply Less collection includes:
- Multi-grain cereal with psyllium
- Date, sesame and chia bars
- A selection of salads including Seasoned chicken with Indians style rice pilaf and Spiced beef with roasted vegetables
- A selection of frozen ready-meals including paella, risotto and pasta
- Vanilla Caramel mini light ice-cream sticks
- Greek style fruit swirl yogurts
- Cottage cheese and creams
- A range of dips, including hummus and tzatziki
- A variety of fat-reduced dressings and mayonnaises