A full-service design studio whose primary focus is on creating packaging solutions and collateral is searching for a Creative Director to join our team located in the greater Chicagoland area. Our business is client-centered, creatively focused and structured to encourage individual initiative among our design team.
This is a leadership position for a tenured creative services person capable of developing and maintaining strong customer relations, at the most senior levels of an organization; support the customer with defining its brand vision; translate the customers’ vision into brand solutions; and lead a creative design team through the process of executing that vision with promptness and dispatch.
He/she will work in collaboration with senior leaders throughout our parent organization to identify, develop and implement strategies to grow our studio’s revenues including expand our services into alternative channels. In working with established and new business opportunities, you must be able to identify talented packaging designers and possess the leadership to mold those individuals into a productive cohesive team. Next, you must be able to seamlessly coordinate with the Studio Manager who is responsible for ensuring that design projects are planned and scheduled to be delivered on time and on budget. Finally you should be able to recommend technological innovations in the graphic design industry to ensure that the studio retains its reputation for efficient, professional and cost effective design and production. The position will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
- 5-10 years’ broad experience in brand design and management, preferably within the Consumer Packaged Goods industry coupled with a broad perspective and vision for innovation
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong strategic thinking and proven ability to develop brand from concept to commercialization including market strategy
- Strong leadership, relationship building, problem solving, critical decision-making, and project management skills a must
- P&L management and interpretation, budget development and management a plus
If you have a proven ability to deliver on-time, on-budget, on-strategy creative solutions to address clients’ business problems and have the ability to provide inspirational and creative leadership, we would like to talk to you!
Salary is commensurate with job experience.
Please email your salary expectations and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org reference job code Creative Director. No relocation assistance will be provided.