Meijer – Associate Own Brand Lead
Meijer is a leading Supercenter located in five states throughout the Midwest, with nearly 200 stores and almost 60,000 employees. As a multi-billion dollar retailer, Meijer is ranked as the 13th largest privately held company in the country. We have become a respected leader in the competitive retail market by sticking to our core values of customers, competition, family, freshness, and safety & health. Meijer’s Midwest geography includes corporate offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and stores, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities throughout Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, and Kentucky.
Currently, Meijer is looking for an Associate Own Brand Lead. Meijer is embarking on a transformation to increase innovation and insure a competitive advantage through Own Brand programs. The Associate Own Brand Lead will be the voice of own brand at the category level, and will be the key associate to lead the execution of new product launches for Meijer Brands. The Associate Own Brand Lead’s focus as the primary liaison to the Category Merchant/Buyer, will be to support the execution of the Own Brand sales and margin plan.
While final P&L resides with the Merchant business owner, the Associate Own Brand Lead will have shadow P&L responsibility for the Meijer Own Brand business that they support.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop plans and execute projects and initiatives that drive the Own Brand sales and margin plan in support of overall company – wide performance metrics.
- Responsible for supporting the category review process for Own Brand by developing rigorous fact based market and trade data, shopper insights, trends, and best practices.
- Influence overall Merchandising business objectives by collaborating with and supporting Merchandising in the execution of Own Brand business strategies and plans, category and product development.
- Manages product development and sourcing projects and initiatives from the point of final supplier selection, through product launch by engaging subject matter experts and leading cross – functional teams to aid in timely commercialization of Own Brand products.
- Develops strong working relationship and business alignment with the Category Merchant as their sole point of contact for supporting the Own Brand business.
- Responsible for on boarding new vendors and working with them to insure timely execution of vendor set up, item set up, and ongoing item and price maintenance.
- Mentor cross-functional indirect reports in the execution of key initiatives for your respective business channel.
- Collaborate with Marketing in support of brand and product launch, consumer activation, promotion, and evaluation.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred in business or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years of experience in product development and merchandising, business development, and/or category management.
- Solid interpersonal and communication expertise and the ability to influence, and work cross – functionally in both leadership and mentor roles.
- Strong presentation and writing skills
- Strong analytics and financial skills
- P&L experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Results oriented and self-motivated
- Must have a style that promotes respect, credibility and trust throughout the organization
- Must be a business leader and calculated risk taker
Job: Merchandising/Merchandise Planning
Primary Location: MI-Grand Rapids