Office Depot – Design Manager – Own Brand
Celebrating 25 years as a leading global provider of office supplies and services, Office Depot provides business solutions to millions of customers around the globe. For the local corner store as well as Fortune 500 companies, Office Depot provides supplies and services to its customers through 1,678 worldwide retail stores, a dedicated sales force, top-rated catalogs and global e-commerce operations. Office Depot has annual sales of approximately $11.5 billion, and employs about 39,000 associates around the world. The Company provides more office supplies and services to more customers in more countries than any other company, and currently sells to customers directly or through affiliates in 61 countries.
Supporting the business world is a challenging job. True solutions require much more than pushing a button – which is why at Office Depot, we depend on each other. With a job here, you’ll experience a fast-paced culture of accountability and professionalism enriched with opportunities, respect, and a bit of fun. We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people’s success, which is why you’ll find all the tools to support your potential in a career at Office Depot. Learn more about a job with Office Depot today!
Job Location: Boca Raton, FL
The Design Manager will be responsible for all design aspects of assigned projects including brand and/or trend research, competitive analysis, comp shopping, conceptualizing creative ideas, designs and layouts for specific Own Brand products and programs.
- Responsible for strategic, creative point-of-view and approach to trends in products and/or packaging.
- Responsible for all design aspects of assigned projects including preliminary brand/trend research, competitive design analysis, conceptualization of creative ideas, designs and layouts for specific Own Brand programs.
- Collaborate with the Own Brand Directors and Own Brand Category merchants to ensure that all projects are delivered on target strategically, on time and on budget.
- Develop and implement an on-going approach to design that ensures exciting and future-thinking creative, for everyday product collections and promotional implementations such as back to school, holiday, back to business, etc.
- Bachelors Degree and 7 years experience
- Eight to twelve years experience and/or training within retail.
- Requires experience in design management.
- Conceiving, building and evolving brands, through repeat patterns/artwork/production and apply them to various products/packaging.
- Will be self-motivated as well as take creative direction & be able to take a project from conception to completion.
- A benefit to be a proficient illustrator and surface designer for print, products and textiles. One who can style from mixing traditional media, with digital media, specialty. And has had previous cut and sew product experience.
- Develop prototypes (2D and 3D) for evaluation and sell through to internal clients.
- Typographical skills.
- Proficient in the use of graphic design software for the MAC (i.e. Adobe CS5, Illustrator, In-Design, Photoshop and other leading design programs)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Must be able to draw inspiration from given creative design briefs, trends and colors.
Must know how to merchandise the product with display/packaging.
Possess creativity and uniqueness in conceptual design.
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID: 1092346