The AmazonBasics Private Label team is looking for a highly motivated, analytical and entrepreneurial Senior Product Manager to join our team to launch new high quality products at a value to our global customers. The Brand Manager has full ownership over the product development planning to post-launch management of the product portfolio and full (virtual) P&L responsibility.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for delivering high quality products to customers. This candidate will possess high attention to detail, have strong excel and technical skills, high degree of ownership and integrity, have excellent communication skills and ability to drive consensus across multiple stakeholders, and be a great team player.
The Product Manager’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing the entire product life-cycle from strategic activities to tactical implementation including idea generation, customer needs analysis, market segmentation, requirements gathering, business case development and analysis, pricing strategy, operational planning and comprehensive financial analysis of forecasts / investments.
- Launching new product by having full ownership of product development and operational activities to deliver high quality AmazonBasics products globally at a customer value. Developing the global product road map for the AmazonBasics brand and strategic plans, working closely with key stakeholders both domestic and international.
- Driving both top and bottom line growth with full P&L responsibility by developing marketing strategies to increase brand loyalty and traffic, pricing strategies and processes to drive brand awareness, sales, efficiencies and quality.
- Partnering closely with cross functional teams including retail vendor managers, marketing, operations, product compliance, social accountability, transportation, global suppliers, and legal to deliver on brand equity, net revenue, and customer satisfaction.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the market segment, seasonality and global trends/events, and continually monitoring competitor and new technologies/standards.
- 5+ years of consumer electronics product development experience.
- Experience in developing and managing products using knowledge of consumer needs within the consumer electronics market segment.
- Experience gathering requirements including business case development, marketing, functional, and technical requirements.
- Knowledge of product development and lifecycle management process.
- Demonstrated success in applying time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates and managing multiple competing priorities.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using Pivot Tables, functions such as SumIf, vlookups, index/match, etc) and data analysis.
- Exceptional judgment and integrity.
- 10+ years in product development
- Experience in other Hardlines including automotive, sporting goods, home, garden, and tools a plus.
Latest posts by Christopher Durham (see all)
- Fifty2, The MPB Project: Sears – Kenmore – May 16, 2013
- Durham & Seelert To Present Walmart SIGHTLINE At PLB360 Conference – May 16, 2013
- Woolworths South Africa Redesigns Slimmers Choice – May 15, 2013