The Marketing Director will play a key role in building brands and portfolios for our retail partners. He/She will lead and develop marketing strategy and program initiatives to position Daymon Worldwide as the brand-building expert in the Private Brand marketplace. This is a leadership position for a tenured marketer capable of establishing and developing effective customer relationships at the most senior level of an organization. He/she will work collaboratively across teams to develop consumer centric solutions that help generate incremental revenue and representation at our customers on a global basis.
Requisition Number 12-0267
- Lead brand strategy development for Customers and Suppliers, ensuring that strategies support business objectives
- Serve as the strategic marketing partner, ensuring customer satisfaction and relationship health
- Identify new or hidden market opportunities for Daymon and our Customers
- Supervise the creation of comparative Brand Audits and trend reports
- Coordinate and manage the synthesis and analysis of syndicated and primary research with GAIN
- Conduct Customer management interviews
- Facilitate and lead BrandStorming sessions with creative constituents
- Develop Positioning of brands for short-term impact and long-term value
- Articulation of Positioning through the development of clear and codified brand architecture systems
- Write and present strategic brand management recommendations and proposals to Customers that include annual brand plans
- Responsible for the fiscal performance of all projects ensuring they stay on schedule and on budget
- Manage the performance and contribute to the positive development of team members
- Bring a marketing focus to our field teams and reposition Daymon Worldwide as a strategic marketing partner
- Continually looks for opportunities to integrate Daymon Worldwide Design as part of the strategic solution package
- Work closely with Customer’s top Principals to show how they should be integrated into the marketing planning process
- Contribute to the growth and direction of Daymon Worldwide, including new business opportunities
Key Benefits to Daymon:
- Creates an image and ability to service all of our Customers’ needs regardless of their current private brand marketing capabilities
- Gets a sales-driven culture to think about the power of marketing
- Proactive planning with Customer teams will enhance our overall image and capabilities as a strategic organization
- Educate Customers on the benefits of brand building
- Increases direct connection with the Customer’s marketing & advertising team
- 6-10 years of CPG or branding agency experience with a proven track record of creating brands, developing launch plans and annual plans tied to strategic objectives.
- A successful track history of building and/or repositioning brands
- Experience with project management and skilled in developing and following project timelines
- Familiarity with the consumer packaged goods industry and general knowledge of strategies and activities of major retailers around the world.
- Proficient in general marketing approaches of retailers, including the application of different elements of the marketing mix to stimulate demand among different customer groups.
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Ability to professionally present in a variety of settings and to effectively engage at the highest level within the Daymon organization as well as at retail or supplier partners, leading marketing discussions and providing thought leadership.
- Strong networking abilities and relationship-building skills.
- MBA strongly preferred.
- Ability to effectively problem solve, work through obstacles and achieve results while maintaining strong relationships.
- Proven track record of developing teams and managing direct reports, as well as in working in cross-functional teams.
- Exposure to global Private Brand marketing strategy and tactics across retail formats
- Interaction with senior management of industry-leading retailers and supplier partners
- Ability to adapt strategies to local market and cultural requirements
- Challenge of managing and interpreting data that vary widely in detail and format
- Project management, team building and adherence to timelines
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Building Relationships
- Managing & Measuring the Work
- Priority Setting
- Personal Savvy
- Building Effective Teams
- Drive for Results
- Motivating Others