Private Brand Development Manager – One Kings Lane
Merchandising | New York, NY, United States
At One Kings Lane, we’re doing so much more than selling great home decor. We are pioneering a new generation in ecommerce, building the next great lifestyle brand and rapidly scaling our revenues and employee base with our sights set on becoming a billion-dollar company. We are filled with passionate, innovative, agile and customer focused employees across our company and know that continuing to bring together top talent in a collaborative environment will ensure we achieve our vision. If you bring passion and high impact to your work each day, we invite you to apply to join the One Kings Lane family and see where we can take this company and your career together.
CEO Doug Mack has assembled one of the top teams in the industry made up of executives from companies like eBay, Netflix, Zappos, Walmart.com, Yahoo, Polo/Ralph Lauren and Adobe. One Kings Lane has the backing of the best investors in Silicon Valley, including: Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB), Greylock Partners, Tiger Global Management, Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), First Round Capital and angel investors Reid Hoffman (LinkedIn)and Marissa Mayer (Google).
One Kings Lane is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York City (Tribeca) and Beverly Hills.
This position is to support the company’s strategic initiative to grow Private Brand (PB) Product and PB sales. The associate plays a significant role in supporting the Buyer driving the process and leading the team to successfully execute the strategies and achieve the financial goals established by the Company for assigned product categories.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships that support category needs to provide the best ‘cost’ and ‘value’ equation.
- Some international travel may be required to work with global vendor and agent network.
- Cost negotiations, production, on-time shipments and overall execution for assigned product categories.
- Accountable for meeting target product costs specified while maintaining quality standards.
- Manage agents and factories to understand production cycles, production run opportunities, and build opportunities to reduce costs via timelines, factory consolidation, re-engineering of products and packaging efficiencies.
- Manage the overall project timeline, lead weekly cross-functional team meetings, identify risks that may affect the timeline and lead efforts to mitigate risks. Communicate the project status to all cross-functional team members.
- Partner closely with the Buyer to develop the product road map and provide financials, feasibility, timelines, resources, and consumer insights that will form the basis of essential product features.
- Manage milestone dates for each product
- Drive and manage communications between all internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive Direct Import growth through effective product lifecycle management. Develop category Sourcing Plans and be responsible for execution of the plans.
- Create and maintain all documents, processes and meetings related to the product development process
- Manage product or information changes, document and communicate all changes to cross-functional teams.
Product Development and Private Brand
- Develop product solutions in support of the Merchandising direction and ensure that the Company’s goals of newness, value and quality are achieved.
- Have an active understanding of the market and consumer insights and drives freshness and uniqueness into the product offering.
- Lead product ideation sessions, competitive shops, and identify product opportunities.
- Partner closely with the Buyers and factory team to develop innovative and exclusive products that drive Private Brand product sales and meet margin targets.
- Support all processes to build quality into product and to support long-term growth by partnering with the in-house, Agent or factory QA teams.
- Manage ongoing maintenance of existing products, including the execution of quality improvements, packaging changes, changes in design, appearance or origin and changes in status under the direction of the Buyer
- Understand assigned category including sales, competition, marketing, and product offerings.
- Identify and communicate all sales, margin, and marketing opportunities for Private Brand and Direct Import products.
- Monitor all Private Brand product performance based on sales, margin and sell-through.
- 7-10 years of relative experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 year experience with a major retailer, brand or product development/sourcing company.
- Bachelor degree – business related major is preferred.