PB CAREERS: Amazon, Director / General Manager, Global Private Label
Job Description In the retail market segment, companies have invested in developing Private Label brands to enhance margin and meet customer needs. Many companies have upwards of 20% of their sales from their Private Label brands. With a global Electronics and General Merchandise business of over $20+billion, Amazon seeks a leader to grow its burgeoning Private Label brands into a worldwide billion-dollar business.
Amazon has developed AmazonBasics as its first worldwide brand in the consumer electronics space. In addition Amazon maintains its Pinzon and Strathwood brands in the Bedding/Bath and Outdoor Living categories respectively. We are looking for a leader to develop a long-term global comprehensive Private Label strategy in addition to running the existing business. The Private label team consists of 2 product development teams, a sourcing and operations team located in the US and China, and marketing.
The seasoned leader will be responsible for setting and implementing the branding and growth strategy, influencing and driving change across many key stakeholders, improving processes to scale with high business growth and developing and leading functional leaders. This leader will relish the opportunity to take a build a business driving strategic vision and operational excellence.
Amazon’s current brands have been able to exceed retail category growth rates and deliver exceptional value to customers. The new leader will be able to supercharge our success here across additional category/geographies.
The Global Private Label Director will:
- Develop and execute a global Private Label strategy by creating a global brand strategy, global sourcing strategy, and marketing strategy that will grow the Private Label business into a billion dollar business.
- Create a selection strategy to enter additional product verticals across the global hardlines business.
- Build a top-notch leadership team globally with strong ownership deep functional knowledge of area and financials.
- Develop quality products from best in class factories at exceptional value to customers, often collaborating with internal teams to drive best in class sourcing practices
- Manage a Private Label P&L and continue to drive continuous margin improvement through cost concessions and operational improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong reputation for building and leading teams
- Experience working in a large company
- P&L experience
- Strong analytical / financial understanding
- Excellent judgment
- Strong ability to influence across multiple key stakeholders
- Experience working in brand management at a large company and experience in product development at either a small company or large retailer.
- Proven results of developing new products in the Hardlines space
Latest posts by Christopher Durham (see all)
- Fifty2, The MPB Project: Sears – Kenmore – May 16, 2013
- Durham & Seelert To Present Walmart SIGHTLINE At PLB360 Conference – May 16, 2013
- Woolworths South Africa Redesigns Slimmers Choice – May 15, 2013