Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market has launched ‘Kitchen To Go,’ several innovative Private Brand ranges of over 150 chef-created, prepared meal bowls, appetizers, side dishes, and entrees. ‘Kitchen To Go’ is designed to give busy customers new, delicious and wholesome take-out options that can serve one person to a whole family.
In creating ‘Kitchen To Go,’ Fresh & Easy’s team of development chefs were given free rein to come up with exciting new meals focused on unique and seasonal flavors. These restaurant-quality dishes include American, Italian, Asian and Mexican selections, ranging in price from $1.99 to $9.99 and make up hundreds of meal combinations. The ‘Kitchen To Go’ items are made at Fresh & Easy’s Campus, which includes its kitchen, produce and meat facilities and are delivered fresh to stores daily.
“Customers tell us all the time about how busy they are and many feel greasy fast food is their only easy option,” said Katie Jaeger, Fresh & Easy Development Chef. “Now that there are essentially four restaurants under one roof at Fresh & Easy, customers can get their favorite dishes to easily heat up at home. It’s our new take on take-out and we’re excited to offer so many affordable, wholesome and delicious meal options.”
Some of the new fresh&easy ‘Kitchen To Go’ products include:
- Pulled Pork Loaded Potato Skins 26oz $8.99 (Serves 2)
- Texan Style Pork Butt (with a blueberry bbq sauce) 14oz $7.99 (Serves 2)
- Chipotle Glazed Meatloaf 15oz $4.99 (Serves 1)
- Spicy Street Slaw 9oz $1.99 (Serves 2)
- Chicken & Shrimp Jambalaya 15oz $4.49 (Serves 1)
- Lobster Mac & Cheese 14.5oz $5.99 (Serves 1)
- Posole 21oz $3.99 (Serves 2)
- Macho Nacho Topper (a blend of beef and spices with fresh jalapeños, onions and cilantro) 12oz $3.99 (Serves 2)
- Seafood Vera Cruz (taco filling with tilapia, shrimp, olives, garlic and capers) 10oz $6.99 (Serves 2)
- Cilantro & Lime Rice 11oz $2.99 (Serves 2)
- Chorizo & Jalapeno Beans 14oz $3.99 (Serves 2)
- Vegetable Enchiladas 18oz $6.99 (Serves 2)
- Ten Cheese Ravioli (with roasted mushrooms, spinach and tomato sauce) 13oz $6.99 (Serves 2)
- Tuscan-Style Steak (with yellow squash, zucchini, red onions and balsamic garlic dressing) 15oz $7.99 (Serves 2)
- Eggplant Napoli (with mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, caramelized onions and basil pesto) 15oz $6.99 (Serves 2)
- Spicy Shrimp Linguine (with garlic chili and arugula) 16oz $5.49 (Serves 1)
- Polenta Soufflé Cakes (with parmesan cheese) 11oz $4.99 (Serves 2)
- Tomato Balsamic Flat Bread (with sundried tomatoes, arugula, shaved parmesan and balsamic vinaigrette) 10oz $4.99 (Serves 2)
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps (with hoisin sauce) 12oz $3.99 (Serves 2)
- Thai Basil Salad (with a Thai lime dressing) 9oz $2.99 (Serves 2)
- Steamed BBQ Pork Buns 9oz $4.99 (Serves 2)
- Honey Walnut Shrimp 10.5oz $7.99 (Serves 2)
- Thai Green Chicken Curry (with baby corn, snap peas and bell peppers) 26oz $7.99 (Serves 2)
- Vegetable Chow Mein 14oz $2.99 (Serves 2)
As with all fresh&easy brand products, the ‘Kitchen To Go’ items contain no artificial colors, flavors, high-fructose corn syrup, added trans fats and only use preservatives when absolutely necessary.
The ‘Kitchen To Go’ ranges can be found on the back wall in all Fresh & Easy stores, which starts at the end of the produce aisle. In addition to the four different cuisines, there is a section dedicated to the company’s ‘Eat Well’ products, which contain 25% or less of the daily recommended value* for calories, total fat, saturated fat and sodium.
Fresh & Easy is encouraging customers to share their feedback using the #kitchentogo tag on Twitter as well as through the photo-sharing service Instagram. On Pinterest, customers are invited to ‘pin’ or ‘repin’ their favorite new meals made of combinations of ‘Kitchen To Go’ products. Fresh & Easy will also be tweeting prompts for customers on the topics of time saving and healthy eating.