The editors of the trade publication Private Label magazine have announced the retail winner’s of their publications 2012 Store Brand Leadership Awards and 2012 Store Brand Retailer of the Year Award.
This year’s Store Brand Leadership Award recipients include:
- Costco Wholesale Corp., Issaquah, WA, for the Wholesale Club Segment,
- CVS/pharmacy, Woonsocket, RI, for the Drug Store Segment,
- Dollar General Corp., Goodlettsville, TN, for the Discount Store Segment,
- Kroger Co., Cincinnati, OH, for the Supermarket Segment
- Navarro Discount Pharmacy, Medley, FL, for the Specialty Store Segment.
Kroger has been selected as Private Label’s overall 2012 Store Brand Retailer of the Year Award recipient that is drawn from one of the five 2012 Store Brand Leadership Award winners based on the retail segments listed above.
The Store Brand Leadership Awards and Retailer of the Year program is dedicated to honoring North American retailers for their noteworthy contributions to the growth of store brand products in the consumer marketplace.
The above retailers have been selected from nominations submitted by the readers of the magazine based on one or more of the following store brand criteria:
- Product Innovation
- Marketing — including Advertising and In-Store Merchandising
- Employee Involvement
- Quality Assurance
Company profiles of the recipients will appear in the upcoming Private Label July-August 2012 issue.