Responsible for overall direction, plan development, and execution of product management activities to achieve annual and long-term sales and profit goals for a portfolio of businesses. Plays a key strategic and tactical role in marketing, positioning, new product development, quality improvement, marketing research, merchandising, and pricing.
- Leads a cross-functional team of marketing, packaging, sourcing, quality assurance, and product development to develop new products, improve existing products and market the brand to consumers.
- Achieves Private Brands’ goals in assigned categories: sales, gross profit, share.
- Develops, in conjunction with Sales Managers, category business plans to meet goals.
- Interfaces with Category Directors to create and implement promotional programs. Develops marketing/promotional plans to drive total category sales and profits through Private Brands.
- Develops business reviews (category assessment); identify consumer, category, and Private Brand opportunities.
- Manages 15-20 categories
- 500-1000+ skus
- Manage $500,000 – $1 million in sales
- 50-75+ new products per year
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with 25+ manufacturers
- Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in Business, Marketing, Management or related field preferred. MBA preferred.
- 2 + years category management experience preferred.
- 5 + years Brand Management experience preferred.
- 5 + years new product development experience preferred.
- Market/consumer research experience where a good understanding of marketing, merchandising, consumer research, and P&L.
- Possess negotiation and conflict resolution skills
Why Work for Supervalu?
As the third-largest grocery retailer in the nation, we know that bright, motivated people are the reason for our success. Because of our associates, we’ve been providing the best service to our customers for more than 135 years.
We encourage FRESH thinking, offer an environment of inclusion and support, and set no boundaries on your achievement!Apply Today!