At REI, we have a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you – it’s a great environment that balances hard work with time off to play. We’ve been recognized as one of Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Places to Work” since the award’s inception and continue to grow and thrive in a challenging marketplace. REI offers an excellent compensation package, flexible benefits, outstanding retirement plan, annual incentive program, and a generous merchandise discount to help you enjoy your free time.
Divisional Vice President Private Brands Operations
The DVP Operations leads the operations function for REI Private Brands including sourcing, materials, quality, systems and administrative support for all private label products (apparel, gear and bicycles). As a member of the Private Brands leadership team, this position drives strategy for the division, and supports co-op direction more widely as a part of the Leadership Forum. This position contributes to the growth and profitability of REI Private Brands by leading teams in developing, implementing and managing supply-focused strategies to reliably deliver product to aesthetic, quality, margin and timeline expectations; directs global materials and product sourcing strategies, vendor base management and supply chain initiatives to optimize service levels and profitability, while mitigating risk.
- Develops world-class sourcing and supply chain strategies to reliably and profitably deliver targeted product and business outcomes.
- Creates structure and strategies to drive materials innovation as a competitive advantage for REI.
- Develops and executes vision for industry-leading product quality; oversees quality function in U.S. and China offices.
- Optimizes margin results; guides divisional product margin strategy based on global economic and competitive conditions and evolving business needs.
- Manages reputational and compliance risk related to manufacturing; meets all fair labor, legal, regulatory and trade compliance requirements.
- Creates vision, strategy and roadmap for systems to support divisional requirements.
- Creates an organizational structure, succession plans and bench strength to support long-term business needs.
- Builds strong relationships with key cross-divisional partners (Merchandising, Supply Chain, etc.) to align business strategies and drive results.
- Builds strong external networks to understand and capitalize on industry best practices.
- Establishes a culture of continuous improvement.
- 15+ years operations or related experience in global sourcing, procurement, supply chain, product development and quality with relevant product categories; broad industry and global market knowledge; 10+ years management including managing other managers.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Proven coach of management talent: builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, communication and leadership; empowers people and holds them accountable for results.
- Able to build collaborative and constructive organizational relationships.
- Able to influence and drive results through others; experience in cross-divisional project leadership.
- Able to balance departmental, divisional and co-op needs and priorities in decision-making; makes decisions in a manner consistent with REI’s values and ethics.
- Change agent: challenges the status quo; identifies and capitalizes on key opportunities and risks; effectively plans, executes and leads change.
- Highly refined communication and negotiation skills, with individuals and large groups, enabling effective management of challenging situations.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills; systems savvy.
- Able to travel extensively
Latest posts by Christopher Durham (see all)
- Cosmopack Takes A Bite Out of the Big Apple – Sep 3, 2015
- An Apple A Day – Alternative Medicine & Private Brand – Sep 2, 2015
- Kings Food Markets Launches First Private Brand – Sep 2, 2015