Private Brands accounted for a market share of 3.8% in Brazil in 2007. This figure grew by 0.7% during the review period to reach a market share of 4.5% in 2011. The global financial crisis led to consumers becoming more value-conscious. Brazilian consumers have become more willing to try private label products at the expense of branded products in order to save on their grocery expenditure.
The growing share of organized retail in Brazil meant that retailers continued to improve on the quality of their private label products and started marketing them between the leading and discounted brands. While the low cost of private labels continued to be the key-driving factor, manufacturers started entering the premium market by offering high value products. Over the forecast period, private labels are expected to record positive growth and be driven by consumer demand for high-value products.
There is an increasing trend of collaborative product development in the Brazilian market. As a part of this trend, companies are involving consumers in product development activity. Some of Brazil’s key private label product categories include paper napkins, paper towels, alcoholic drinks, carpet cleaner and disinfectant.
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the private label market within the consumer packaged goods industry in Brazil
- It provides an overview of key global markets for private label
- It provides comparison of private label market share in Brazil with Latin American countries and with the key global markets
- It provides historical shares for the Brazilian private label market for the report’s 2007–2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012–2016 forecast period
- It highlights the consumer, business and economic factors driving the private label market in Brazil
- It covers a summary on the key challenges facing the private label market in Brazil
- It details the business strategies of private label brands by retail store formats
- It discusses the key emerging product strategies in the Brazilian private label market
- It compares the pricing strategy adopted for private label products in key categories
- It outlines the purchasing habits of Brazilian consumers by age-group across branded and private label products
- It outlines the future outlook for the Brazilian private label market
- It profiles the major retailers in the private label market in Brazil
Order the report Brazilian Private Label Market
Latest posts by Christopher Durham (see all)
- Store Brands Aren’t Just about Price. The Harvard Business Review – Apr 16, 2015
- Organic & Natural Health Association to Work With NY AG on Supplements – Apr 16, 2015
- PB CAREERS: CVS – Sr Director Store Brands – Apr 15, 2015