Job ID: 167622
Posted Date: 3/12/2012Company: Amazon Corporate LLC
Position Category: Buying/Planning
The Clothing category is one of Amazon.com’s fastest growing businesses and we are looking for an experienced Senior Vendor Manager to join the team. He/she will be responsible for driving the top and bottom line of the P&L with ownership over strategy and the development of unique merchandising programs in Private Label. The successful candidate must have a strong understanding of trend and a keen eye in order to manage the product line to deliver an outstanding online customer experience.
This is a highly strategic role where the Senior Vendor Manager will integrate analysis and merchandising instinct into a cohesive category strategy to drive the rapid expansion of the business. This role will have influence over the online shopping experience and the successful candidate must be a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon–able to develop clear thinking and business rationale for new features and services while serving as a reliable and valued cross-functional partner for technology development teams.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years vertical apparel or private label retail experience
- 1+ year of experience managing and developing a team
- Experience managing and driving a full P&L
- Experience utilizing Excel, databases and computer tools to analyze data and formulate a business case
- Experience in planning and forecasting, and merchandising
- Experience managing successful vendor relationships and negotiations
- Outstanding analytical skills in order to support key business decisions
- A proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects including work prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Successful track record of leading high-performing teams
Amazon – Manager, Private Label Operations
Job ID: 158853
Posted Date: 12/14/2011
Company: Amazon Corporate LLC
Position Category: Product Management
Do you have an obsession for customers and a strong interest in CE? Do you have proven analytical capabilities, exceptional communication, project management skills, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment? If yes, we need you in the Private Label business.
As a member of the Private Label Operations Team, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The Manager, Private Label Operations is responsible for formulating, communicating, and executing a sourcing strategy relative to their respective commodity which consists of finished product, materials, supplies and components necessary to develop products for Private Label. You will manage the supplier sourcing/selection activities along with managing the supplier relationship to ensure our supply chain is capable of delivering high quality, cost effective materials to support production requirements. This is an important role in ensuring that their respective commodity meets the technical and price specifications necessary for Private Label to develop products which meet the technical and price specifications.
- Develop a commodity technology roadmap aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities.
- Responsible for AVL (Approved Vendors List) for commodity, supplier selection and qualification.
- Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology.
- Work closely with legal and our partner’s engineering teams to define standard and custom product requirements.
- Interface with cross functional teams to assess current and future sourcing requirements.
- Responsible for quarterly executive business reviews of strategic sourcing plan that defines, among other things, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives.
- Manage overall supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability development, cost and quality improvements.
- Maintain personal knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures and technical improvements.
- Periodic travel to supplier’s manufacturing sites.
- Support our OEM supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, etc.
- 3+ years in product management and/or project management is required
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline
- Experience with Excel and Access, or similar database
- Experience with SQL
- Ability to manage multiple projects – work prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical projects
- Exceptional communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the CE industry and/or Ecommerce
- Operations / Sourcing background
- Experience within a consumer goods/retail company
- MBA a plus