DOLLAR TREE IS A:
- Priceless Experience: A career with Dollar Tree also comes with a lot of variety. It’s a fun career that allows you to wear a different hat every day.
- Big Company With Big Ideas: We are a Fortune 500 company and the nation’s leading operator of single price point dollar stores with more than 4,000 locations in 48 states, a well over $5 billion corporate owned chain.
- Valuable Partner: We’re all on the same team at Dollar Tree. We’re about people treating each other with respect, camaraderie and a sense of joint purpose.
- Career Growth Opportunity: If you have the drive and energy, a career with Dollar Tree can take you just about anywhere you want to go.
- Place We Can All Profit: Why not have your cake and eat it too? Work for a great company and in return get a great benefits package that shows our appreciation.
Discover for yourself how far this DOLLAR can take you!
Summary of Position:
In-house Package Designer is responsible for all elements of coordinating private label package design (trademark, Graphics, logo, copy and communication) for multiple product categories. Comprehends the intent and objectives of a marketing/packaging brief and translates it to appropriate visual design. Works directly with the Merchandise team. Reports to Group Creative Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the aesthetic look of the total package in regards to structure, graphics and copy, layouts, photography/illustration, typography to meet package objectives.
- Ensures federal packaging and trademark guidelines are met in both design and copy.
- Working with both design and production work.
- Provides clear verbal and written direction to the vendors.
- Ensures deadlines are met.
- Effectively obtain packaging briefs from internal product buyers.
- Coordination and handling of E-MAIL correspondence and proofs as needed
- Experienced in strategic and conceptual work for new products and brand redesigns
- Expert level proficiency in MAC environment, including Illustrator and Photoshop
- Excellent sense of color and type, illustration skills – Sketching skills required
- Understanding of production and pre-press are a plus
- BA/BS degree preferred in graphic design
- Three (3) years experience in packaging design within a packaging department
- Retail package design experience a must
- Efficient in Mac with full knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects & work quickly to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong knowledge of printing and manufacturing
- Knowledge of package design standards for US and Canada a plus
- Highly creative, motivated team player with excellent, versatile problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership qualities to inspire and motivate the team during the design process.
- Easy disposition, dedicated, strong work ethic, personable.
- Work effectively in team environment and manage pressure well to maintain a focus on the job at hand.
- Flexible and able to multi-task in order to meet multiple simultaneous deadlines
- Detailed Orientated