Responsible for the management and execution of marketing strategies and programs that will drive growth and development of WinCo’s Private Brand. Direct Private Brand initiatives to bolster the company’s value proposition. Manage projects from conception to completion with broad exposure to all functional aspects of the company. Support our company’s Private Brands objectives by implementing and executing Private Brand product lines in designated categories.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for sourcing and developing Private Brand product lines; including product changes, pricing, positioning and promotions.
- Perform competitive analysis and recommend strategies to improve our Private Brand market share in trade channel.
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve the most competitive pricing in order to secure an aggressive difference for our Private Brand products.
- Communicate effectively with stores, merchandising, procurement, and retail operations functioning as a liaison between Operations and Private Brands.
- Responsible for quality product reviews of new and existing Private Brand product lines.
- Defines and maintains our Private Brands product quality standards.
- Partners with the Food Safety Director to ensure food safety of all packaged products that carry our Private Brand.
- Works with key internal groups to ensure Private Brands positioning within the overall WinCo strategy.
- Facilitates smooth communication with co-packers to ensure timely development of products.
- Ability to manage external partners in relationship to our Private Brand initiatives and objectives.
- Oversees execution of package design that clearly communicates product attributes and reinforces our core brand values.
- Sets pricing strategy in alignment with product quality and competitive positioning.
- Tracks and measures sales and profitability of Private Brand products and performs analysis to determine impact on overall category profitability.
- Continually assess market competition by comparing the Private Brand product to the competitor’s product as well as the national brand.
- Participate in continuous learning and professional development.
- Follows all Company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, finance, economics or related field.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in Private Brand management for a multi-unit retailer.
- Knowledge of the retail grocery industry and corresponding products strongly desired.
- Working in a rapidly growing and profitable organization.
- Exhibiting strong written and verbal communication skills.
- In a role requiring a high degree of organization and detail orientation.
- Exhibiting strong ability to analyze data, make judgments and develop reports.
- Demonstrating strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) software.
- Demonstrating a track record of cost reductions and business results through effective negotiation strategies.
- Be extremely self-motivated, take initiative and drive results.
- Multi-task and work in a fast-paced, multiple-priority environment.
- Be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with fellow employees and outside contacts, user groups and vendors.
- Write and speak clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings.
- Travel as needed.
- Be available to respond to calls on urgent matters involving including after business hours, on weekends and holidays if necessary.
- Acceptable Department of Motor Vehicles driving record.
Preferred Education, Experience and/or Credentials:
- MBA or other advanced degree