The Private Brand Manager (PBM) drives the execution of the Strategic Sourcing initiative by supporting the Category Director. The primary goal is to reduce the cost of goods sold by driving increases in direct sourcing, private brands and spurring innovation. The PBM is responsible for the overall management of product development and sourcing activities from project planning to delivery of product to in-store opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships that support category needs to provide the best “cost” and “value” equation. Cost negotiations, production, on-time shipments and overall execution for assigned product categories.
- Partner closely with the Category Director to develop the product road map and provide financials, feasibility, timelines, resources, and consumer insights that will form the basis of essential product features. Manage the overall project timeline, lead weekly cross-functional team meetings, identify risks that may affect the timeline and lead efforts to mitigate risks. Communicate the project status to all cross-functional team members.
- Develop product solutions in support of the Merchandising direction and ensure that the Company’s goals of product innovation and quality are achieved. Work closely with Trend and Design, to have an active understanding of the market and consumer insights and drives freshness and uniqueness into the product offering. Partner closely with the design and factory team to develop innovative and exclusive products that drive Private Brand product sales and meet margin targets.
- Support all processes to build quality into product and to support long term growth by partnering with the QA department. Partner with the Packaging Team to ensure key features and benefits of the products are identified
- Communicate new item launches, co-ordinate project sheets, execute in store signage, execute in store demos, and develop classroom opportunities in order to drive Private Brand awareness and drive incremental sales opportunities. Partner with the Marketing Team, Category Director, Director of PB/GS Mgmt and Director of Private Brand and Licensing
- Minimum 10 years experience with a major retailer, brand or product development/sourcing company.
- Bachelor degree is required. A MBA or Master degree in related field is preferred.
- Business related major is highly preferred.