Project Coordinators facilitate the Private Brands process in the development of packaging design. The role collaborates closely with Merchandising Business Teams, Quality Assurance, Global Sourcing, Suppliers and Service providers. Core activities encompass the establishment, management and resolution of Private Brands program/item projects including initiating, gathering information, proofing and tracking programs/items through the branding, artwork, sourcing, quality assurance and implementation process.
- Supervise Private Brand’s programs/items from inception through completion through Family Dollar’s workflow tool.
- Maintain project timeline updates and track deadlines.
- Coordinate, gather and communicate item/program details to all designated parties.
- Manage approval process for individual item artwork, contributing to the creative design process as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Merchandising Teams, Suppliers, Global Sourcing, Service Providers and Quality Assurance to execute product projects within designated Private Brand’s policies.
- Effectively utilize data sources and tools to create reports as requested including routine reporting and ad-hoc status tracking.
- Determine and review product communications for items in packaging development.
- Maintain data integrity initiatives, including validation of on-package information and correct reflection in Family Dollar’s IT systems.
- Clearly communicate issues, problem-solve and reach resolution.
- Collect brand/item product information for comparative brand communication development.
- Monitor, collect and maintain supplier artwork agreements, sample collection, die lines, cost acknowledgements and final artwork files.
- Proof packaging copy and graphics, and communicate corrective actions.
- Demonstrate good graphics judgment and give guidance to pre-production agencies on translating style guides in individual packaging art.
- Provide follow-up on all associated activities to make sure tasks are completed on time.
- Lead efforts to develop products comps for visual presentations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- BS/BA strongly preferred. Equivalent work experience considered.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in consumer retail, packaged goods, Buying, Private Label, Project Management, or graphic design.
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office desktop applications, inclusive of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Graphic development experience a plus.
- Effective oral and written communication, including interaction with merchants, quality assurance, global sourcing and other internal and external partners
- Trouble shooting and problem solving
- Multi-tasking and prioritization
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong sense of urgency
- Strong relationship building and intra/inter-departmental collaboration skills
Nonessential Skills and Experience:
- Ideal candidates will have graphic design background, including the ability to sketch product layouts
- Understanding of the product development life cycle from both a merchandising and manufacturer’s perspective desired but not mandatory
Reporting to this Position: N/A
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Constant amounts of repetitive hand motions and sitting; routine walking and standing; requires lifting and carrying 15-20 pounds.
- Work Environment: It is enclosed in an office facility that maintains normal temperatures. Noise level is at a minimum.
To apply contact: Pat Abbey – VP, Human Resources, MMI