Today’s customers are savvy, well informed and have higher expectations of food retailers. They are proud to be frugal and expect retailers to help them save money. These shoppers are trading up or down whenever they want, switching from brands to private labels (and sometimes back), as they are armed with a glut of information and empowered by price transparency. Fuelled by technology and social media, one of the biggest changes to have occurred in recent months is the rise of customer endorsement.
Building on the success of last year’s private label report, our latest update Private Labels, 2012: The year of the consumer, looks at six key developments that will shape the world of Private Brands in 2012 and beyond. These trends include:
- Customer endorsement
- Cherry picking the tiers
- Brand emulation
- From exclusivity to ubiquity
Use this report to:
- Forecast private label penetration across key markets;
- Discover how key trends are used to drive private label to new levels;
- Take inspiration from best practice examples around the globe to build shopper loyalty – from Loblaw in Canada to Migros in Switzerland; and
- Understand the importance of private labels for the world’s key grocery retailers including Walmart, Carrefour and Tesco.
Latest posts by Christopher Durham (see all)
- Merry Christmas with Budgens – Dec 1, 2015
- 2016 RETAIL PREDICTIONS “THE YEAR OF TECTONIC SHIFTS” – Dec 1, 2015
- Target Too at Miami Art Week – Nov 30, 2015