Batavia, Illinois based discount grocer ALDI is offering shoppers a wide variety of health- and budget-conscious Private Brand products under its exclusive Fit & Active line to make it easy and affordable to stay on track of their New Year’s resolutions this year.
“Our Fit & Active line includes products that are lower in fat, lower in calories or with reduced sodium,” said Chuck Youngstrom, president, ALDI. “And with up to 50% savings over national brands, these products help ALDI customers make smart choices not just for the New Year, but every day.”
- Fit & Active Smoked & Cured Turkey Bacon – There’s only one way to improve the enticing aroma and flavor of smoked and cured bacon-make it with 65 percent less fat and no trans fat when compared to regular pork bacon.
- Fit & Active Strawberry Nonfat Yogurt – Bits of real strawberry are swirled into creamy yogurt for a fruity, sweet and satisfying treat, at just 100 calories and zero grams of fat.
- Fit & Active Light String Cheese – With only 2.5 grams of fat and 25 percent fewer calories than regular string cheese, it’s the perfect addition to lunch or snacks on the go.
- Fit & Active 51% Whole Grain Spaghetti – Whole grain gives it bountiful bite, with no cholesterol or preservatives.
- Fit & Active Original Organic Soymilk – Certified USDA organic and a good source of 10 vitamins, minerals and protein, as well as lactose-, gluten-, and cholesterol-free at only 90 calories per serving.
- Fit & Active Egg Substitute – 99 percent real egg product, cholesterol- and fat-free with zero grams of trans fat, along with 6 grams of protein and only 30 calories per serving.
The Fit & Active brand includes green tabs on the front of each package called “Fit Facts,” which highlight the amount of calories, fat, sugar and sodium contained in each serving of food. “Fit Facts” offer a quick and easy way for consumers to make smart choices, manage what they eat and balance their diets accordingly.
ALDI also recently partnered with the USDA MyPlate program to educate shoppers about how to build a healthy plate. Products like those found in the Fit & Active line and features such as “Fit Facts” support MyPlate education efforts on portion control.
The USDA recommends that consumers opt for store brands when possible in order to get the same or similar products for a lower price. Shoppers can “Switch & Save” from national brands to high-quality ALDI exclusive brands, including the Fit & Active line, and save up to 50%. Customers can fulfill the majority of their grocery shopping needs at ALDI, where they’ll find more than 1,400 of the most frequently purchased grocery items sold under ALDI exclusive brands. ALDI carries fresh, in-season fruits and vegetables and also offers fresh, high-quality USDA-inspected lean meats and reduced-fat dairy products at significant savings.
ALDI stands behind the quality of its Private Brands with a Double Guarantee. If for any reason a customer is not 100 percent satisfied with a product, ALDI will gladly replace the product AND refund the customer’s money.