With over $5B in sales, Staples Brands Group is a world-class, global brand company within Staples, Inc. The extensive selection of Staples brand products ranges from core supplies such as paper and envelopes to patented shredders, ergonomic office chairs, technology items, facilities supplies and a broad range of eco-responsible options. Guaranteed quality, exceptional value and smart design are hallmarks of the brand. Staples brand products are quality tested in independent labs and customer researched to ensure designs that make the workday easier. Staples Brands Group sells its product lines to businesses and consumers through Staples retail stores, online, catalogs and through its sales organizations. The branded products are also sold globally across 26 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
This position leads a cross functional team of associates that is focused on supporting the Facilities Supplies product categories within Staples with products, strategies, and marketing initiatives that ensure growth and market leadership position within the industry. This team works closely with the North American Merchandising and Facilities Sales teams to conceptualize and develop new products and commercialize them for sale in our assortment. The position leads the product and brand management activities for the Facilities team. Additionally, the position is responsible for the development and execution of growth strategies for the North American market and provides leadership and support in the development and execution of International growth strategies. This role is also responsible for the on-going manufacturing and quality of the products and works closely with the Supply Chain organizations within Staples to meet the sales demands of the businesses.
- Conceptualize and develop new Facilities Supplies products that support our market leadership aspiration in the Facilities & Break room categories. Analyze and understand the supply chain and business unit needs to lead SBG to the appropriate level of regional versus global buying for the Facilities & Break room products
- Develop, gain support for, and execute private brand Facilities & Break room growth strategies for the North American markets. Provide leadership and expertise to the Head of SBG International to develop and execute International Facilities & Break room growth strategies, leveraging best practices from North America as appropriate
- Develop and manage supplier relationships and ensure they meet our demand capabilities. Ability to negotiate product costs with a diverse group of suppliers. Manage quality of Facilities products with a network of suppliers
- Develop brand strategies and maintain brand standards for the Facilities & Break room product lines. Work closely with Business Unit Marketing to develop vehicles that drive trial and sale of products
- Provide product and technical support to the Facilities Sales team to help with customer acquisition, bids, and to drive credibility and market leadership for both SBG and Staples
- Work with Staples global business units to communicate strategy, brand consistency, develop market leadership capabilities in their countries and share best practices.
- Bachelor Degree required
- Minimum10 + years of experience in Product Management, Strategy, Product Development and Manufacturing
- Outstanding leadership skills with a diverse cross functional team
- Proven leadership in product management and strong sales and marketing skills
- Strong track record of product development and manufacturing along with process excellence training
- Sound influencing skills to sell concepts across business units and functions within Staples
- Collaborative work style to build relationships with key constituents in the line of business
- Ability to develop associates so they reach maximum potential
Job Level: Director/Executive
Shift: Day Job
Job Type: Experienced