At John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (JBSS), parent company of the Fisher brand and Private Brand leader, we live for nuts. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to procuring, processing and packaging the best nuts in the business. We’re as dedicated to our business as we are to making sure that every nut has that satisfying crunch and flavor that could only come from JBSS and any of our brands including Fisher, Sunshine Country and our customers’ Private Brands. And we’ll keep on satisfying, one little nut at a time.is a global leader for nuts, committed to quality, expertise and innovation that delivers an unmatched experience to our customer and consumer.
“Hands on” leadership role, in partnership with Sales, in developing Private Brand strategies and initiatives to deliver volume and profit growth across all channels of trade (Consumer, Commercial, Export and Contract Manufacturing).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, in conjunction with Sales leadership, the highest opportunity customers and strategies for profitably growing JBSS business with those customers.
- Develop and execute initiatives to create and enhance the value JBSS provides retail private brand partners:
- Private Brand Marketing Plan (Products and Brands, Price, Promotion)
- Category Management Plan (Optimal Assortment, Pricing, Merchandising)
- Innovation Strategy and Pipeline for Private Brand Customers
- Quality Strategy and Initiatives
- Responsible for manufacturing, distributing and consistently maintaining safe and quality food by following good manufacturing practices, allergen controls, food defense, HACCP and SQF requirements.
- Responsible for immediately reporting all food safety and quality issues to your manager.
- Responsible for partnering with others; Sharing knowledge, skills and information within your team and across functional areas.
- Responsible for enhancing technical and functional competencies, as well as professional and leadership development.
- Additional responsibilities and functions as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts in Marketing or a business related discipline; MBA a plus.
- 6+ years of relevant marketing or consulting experience in the food industry.
- Demonstrated ability to develop national and private brand strategies and initiatives to drive both brand and category growth.
- Strong financial acumen and experience with pricing.
- Ability to communicate business-building recommendations in clear, concise and impactful PowerPoint presentations.
- Experience utilizing market research tools to develop compelling selling stories to retailers a plus.
- Effectively works in a collaborative manner across functions.
- Approximately 10% – 15% travel.
In the event that the Senior Manager Marketing, Private Brands is absent, the Department Manager is responsible for providing an equally qualified person to cover this position.