Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer customers the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for a talented individual to translate customer understanding into strategies and action plans.
Nordstrom Product Group is the innovative force behind our collection of private brands. At our Seattle Headquarters, teams specializing in design, production, technical design and merchandising create fashion that is unique to Nordstrom. Joining our team places you in a collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial environment that gives you the opportunity to share your vision and express your creativity.
The ideal brand manager is motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
- Develop private brand strategy that meets target customer needs
- Drive business opportunities that are aligned with Full-Line Stores
- Manage the expectation of all functional areas to create product that delivers style and fit and supports the strategy of the division and brand
- Develop cross-channel strategies (online, visual merchandising, Rack) to create a consistent and compelling product message
- Manage design director to ensure design direction supports the strategy
- Drive brand strategy for a sub-division from initiation through growth to retirement
- Hire and supervise an efficient and effective team that meets the needs of each functional area
- Partner with Director and other groups and leaders to ensure alignment on priorities and direction
- Minimum 5 years of retail buying or planning experience
- Broad merchandising and leadership experience at Nordstrom or other company
- Proven ability to deliver results
- Demonstrated merchandising and visionary capabilities
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We’re proud to be named to Fortune magazine’s list of ‘100 Best Companies to Work For.’ We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.