RadioShack is a leading national retailer of innovative mobile technology products and services, as well as products related to personal and home technology and power supply needs. The Shack offers consumers a targeted assortment of wireless phones and other electronic products and services from leading national brands, exclusive private brands and major wireless carriers, all within a comfortable and convenient shopping environment. RadioShack employs approximately 33,000 people globally, including a team of friendly and helpful sales experts who are recognized for delivering the best customer service in the wireless industry. RadioShack’s retail network includes company-operated stores in the United States and Mexico, dealer outlets worldwide, and wireless phone centers in the United States.
Job Functions / Duties / Responsibilities :
The Director of Private Brands will be responsible for developing and managing customer-centric private label product and service platforms while driving the execution of the strategic sourcing initiatives supported by the Merchandising Team. The primary goal is to reduce the cost of goods sold by driving increases in direct sourcing, private brands, and spurring innovation. The Director of Private Brands will develop and manage the overall private label process including development of brand architecture and project planning (which involves taking product from concept to in-store delivery), and the overall business success of private brand products.
Education & Experience:
- 4 year degree in Business or related field and/or relevant work experience
- 7+ years’ experience in Brand Management or Business Development function in a consumer products manufacturer advertising or retail environment.
- Previous supervisory experience
- High degree of proficiency on MS PowerPoint, Word, & Excel
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong selling skills
The Complete Package
Incredible work environment, highly qualified employees and competitive compensation are only part of what makes working for RadioShack so desirable. We also have some great benefits available for eligible non-temporary full and part-time team members, including:
UPON HIRE – Limited medical, dental and life benefit plans available for:
- Part-time Team Members
- Full-time Team Members (during a 6 month waiting period for full-time benefit plans)
After 6 month waiting period – Medical, dental, vision, disability and life benefit plans, as well as flexible spending accounts for health and dependent day care
- Full-time Team Members
Other benefits available upon meeting applicable eligibility criteria:
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401 (k) plan with immediate vesting
- Merchandise discounts
- Credit Union
- Plus MORE!
Latest posts by Christopher Durham (see all)
- Curiosity Private Brand Beer For Lululemon – Jul 27, 2015
- Save Big On Organic, Gluten-Free with Private Brands – Jul 27, 2015
- Office Depot Serious New TUL Pens – Jul 26, 2015