Partners with cross-functional team, with direction from the Brand Manager, to develop a category for our private/exclusive brands.
- Analyze sales results within assigned category(s) and create authoritative recommendations to drive business strategies and decision making
- Conducts research for assigned product line. Examines current trends and forecasts; reviews historical data and performs competitive shopping and benchmarking for assigned category(s)
- Understand, influence and apply customer & store feedback & market research into brand strategy for assigned category(s)
- Develop and communicate seasonal strategy for assigned category(s)
- Facilitate assortment building and decision making for category responsibility
- Present and facilitate at cross functional meetings for category(s) responsibility
- Complete all follow-up with cross functional team to ensure product meets quality and timing expectations
- Execute category style development
- Facilitate style handoff with cross functional teams
- 2+ years of retail or product development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Product Development, Business or related area
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and email systems
- Strong knowledge of fashion trends and forecasts, fabric/material and color
- Strong math aptitude and knowledge of retail math is desirable
- Ability to conduct research and summarize findings.
- Demonstrate attention to detail; high level of accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Occasional travel