Becoming a Daymon Worldwide associate makes you a partner in a business that is, at its core, about people. Our original mission was to serve our partners worldwide as brokers of their private brand products. Today, we have broadened our focus to encompass not only our private brand heritage, but a view that we optimize our value through a portfolio of solutions and services focused on building brand equity and growing share for our retail customers and supplier partners. Daymon is a network of strong, trusting relationships between our associates, our supplier partners and our retail customers.
The Brand Manager (BM) will be responsible for the overall Private Brand plans to include the brand strategy, objectives, and targets for this retail partner. The BM will own the execution along with the Ahold Brand Management Team and Ahold Brand Director. The primary function includes short and long term strategy to differentiate and build consumer loyalty while driving sales and penetration. This position is responsible for both analytic and strategic planning, leading cross-functional teams and outside agencies to develop and execute programs, packaging launches and product innovations.
Additionally, the BM will be responsible for engaging and alignment with Senior Management in Merchandising, Marketing, and Consumer Insights across Operating Companies to assure that brand plans are communicated and executed.
- Lead the development and execution of yearly business/marketing plans, penetration goals, strategies, and rationale to support achievement across assigned brands.
- Responsible for identifying target consumers and prime prospects and developing the needed consumer insight and research plans as appropriate. These insights must be translated into actionable strategies.
- Leads development of brand equity statements, brand positioning, and brand identity guidelines.
- Shares in the development and execution of plans to rationalize brands across the enterprise.
- Responsible for leading high performing cross-functional teams (marketing, design, business development, sourcing, and QA) assigned to specific product categories. Work collaboratively with Merchandising (Category Management / Merchandising) and key Suppliers to deliver new sub-brands, products, product updates and packaging improvements.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing and Category Management / Merchandising on assigned product categories to ensure proper execution of strategy: pricing, placement, distribution, and promotion plans.
- Write short and long-term business & brand plans identifying business objectives, strategies, key initiatives and performance measurements by using insights collected from situation assessment, marketplace information in order to support portfolio and brand growth targets.
- Utilize understanding of consumer insights and worldwide trends in order to identify key issues and opportunities for profitable brand growth.
- Develop and communicate written briefs for use by design agencies to direct their work activities in order to generate concepts for effective execution of marketing programs and objectives.
- 4 Year College Degree Required, MBA preferred.
- 2 – 5 years Brand Management and Marketing experience preferred.
- Experience working with either retailer loyalty card data or consumer panel data (IRI / Nielsen)
- Syndicated Data Experience
- Advanced MS Office Skills (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ideal candidates will have demonstrated accomplishments in developing and launching new products and brands in a retail environment.
- The candidate must be able to interface amongst all departments and work effectively with minimal supervision and support staff.
- Brand Equity: Knowledge of procedures used to drive increases in volume and brand equity (e.g., marketing programs, specialty merchandise).
- Marketing Research Application: Ability to leverage research results into actionable marketing and business building initiatives.
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions that result in process improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
- Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the abilityto achieve long-term goals.
- Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others’ energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks, shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
- Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that
motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal
accomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.