Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) serves customers and members more than 208 million times per week at more than 8,600 retail units under 59 different banners in 15 countries. With fiscal year 2010 sales of $405 billion, Wal-Mart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide.
What if you could help people save money to live better; would you? What if there was a place where you could unleash your passion; would you?
Customers expect the best value for their money, and our merchandising group delivers. Our apparel department spots upcoming trends and make purchasing decisions that influence markets across the globe. There is always something new in our industry. The challenges are always interesting. The chance to do exciting things with your career is real – right here in the merchandising group at Walmart.
Sr. Manager, Packaging oversees and facilitates strategic relationship with all Nominated 3rd Party Agencies/Suppliers in support of all Private Label/OWN Brand packaging development. Ensures that packaging resources (Printers, Agencies Print Management) adhere to corporate legal, ethical, and sustainability guidelines while simultaneously providing us with competitive costing levels based on leveraged volume.
- Drives the fulfillment of packaging sourcing needs
- Supports sustainable packaging efforts through collaboration with Internal Stakeholders (Packaging Manager, Production; Director Sustainability) to gain knowledge of Best Practices while helping to implement Wal-Mart’s sustainability initiatives, objectives, and metrics (policies, scorecard)
- Develops and recommends alternative means of packaging structure, application, or processes in the interest of Cost and/or Sustainability. Communicates to Supplier and facilitates sampling process in support of development and evaluation.
- Ensures that 3rd Party nominated packaging suppliers adhere to corporate legal and ethical guidelines by collaborating with cross-functional teams (Ethical Standards Department) to ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations; maintaining packaging resource qualification criteria (ethical standards audit); preparing presentations at milestone meetings and summits to communicate packaging direction; facilitating the business relationship between packaging resources and the Packaging Team; and Troubleshooting and resolving cost issues as they arise.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Private/Own Brand Packaging Development and applies this to development, execution and improvement of Departmental action plans
- Prepares, maintains, and reviews cost reports (for example, year-end sales report)
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- 2 – 4 Years Experience
- Associates Degree
Additional Preferred Qualifications Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 5 – 7 Years Experience
- Bachelors Degree