The Private Brands Graphic Artist is responsible for the development and creation of art including brand design Style Guides and maintaining Family Dollar’s brand standards in all package art execution. The Graphic Artist will be expected to create and deliver graphic design concepts and layouts aligned to new and current private brand identities to technical package specifications.
The Graphic Artist must:
Have the technical design and computer skills to create art that is creative, delivers brand objectives and meets packaging technical requirements for print production.
Maintain a standard of excellence in editing, proofreading and layout refinement of private brand product labels and packages.
Have strong written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to self initiate and organize workflow with competing demands and pressing deadlines. This is a print-focused role where background in copyediting and print production is helpful.
Have experience in Consumer Products packaging design across all package types.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Illustrate original design concepts for brand-marks, treatments & applications.
- Ideate designs inclusive of clear communication strategy, including hierarchy of information, design aesthetics, font face decisions, and how all parts collectively support each individual brand.
- Deliver design solutions to label and label communications needs.
- Proofread, review and edit all Family Dollar Private Brand product packaging materials for accurate use of visual standards & consistency, format, appearance, grammar and accurate label content including all disclaimers, warnings, footnotes, and legal copy.
- Mark copy to indicate and correct any grammatical, typographical, visual or compositional errors in original copy using standard printers’ marks.
- Correct copy omissions, errors, or inconsistencies
- Recommend changes in layout, organization of information, and visual graphics to improve package effectiveness
- Compare private brand package label art to source materials to ensure consistency with intended artistic direction
- Review all corrected copies and proofs to confirm that all corrections have been accurately made
- Responsible for intake of artwork and initial proofing prior to Sr. Branding Manager’s review
- Create display boards to facilitate art concept selection and refinement
- Develop familiarity with Family Dollar’s correct logos, brand names, registrations, and ensure appropriate uses
- Establish and maintain paper and computer-based document filing systems designed to ensure efficient storage, retrieval, or revision of existing documents, including managing versioned records of work performed per item
- Create full-scale product mockups for merchants to feature in assortment presentations to senior management.
Education: A college degree, preferably a Bachelors Degree from a four-year college or university, in graphic/visual preferred. English, Journalism and Communications degrees also desirable or equivalent experience / training.
Experience: 5+ years of copy proofing and graphics experience, preferably in package design.
Primary Location: NC-Charlotte
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
Latest posts by Christopher Durham (see all)
- ALDI Asks Fan’s Their Favorites For A Second Year – Jan 27, 2015
- Winn – Dixie Asks Customers to ADD 2 THE NEW CHEK LIST – Jan 26, 2015
- PB CAREERS: Office Depot – Senior Manager Private Brand – Jan 26, 2015