Wilmington, Delaware-based DuPont Packaging announced a call for entries in the 24th DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation, the industry’s longest-running independently judged competition. The manufacturer invites packaging designers, converters, consumer goods producers, retailers and equipment manufacturers from around the world to enter their new packaging developments for judging.
Entry forms and guidelines are available at www.packaging.dupont.com; the deadline for entries is Feb. 24, 2012, DuPont said. DuPont materials do not need to be included in the packaging’s structure.
The prestigious international jury panel for the awards will be headed by Brian Wagner, vice president, PTIS (a HAVI Global Solutions Direct Company), DuPont explained. In evaluating entries, jurors will consider excellence in one or more of the following areas: innovation, sustainability and cost/waste reduction.
- Register your entry by following the link on the right-hand side of this page.
Once you have completed registration, you will be taken to a page where you will be able to download the official entry form. Please follow all instructions for submititng the entry form and samples.
- Entrants do not need to use DuPont materials in their products, processes or programs. There is no entry fee.
- All entries must be submitted no later than February 24, 2012.
- Only commercial products, technologies and processes are eligible. Products must be commercially available in the market and launched no earlier than January 1, 2010. Commercially available is defined as being sold in the marketplace (not just launched at a trade show or other event).
The DuPont Packaging Awards is the industry’s longest running, independently judged global packaging awards program honoring packaging materials, processes, technology and service innovations. The Awards are open to brand owners, packaging designers, converters and manufacturers around the world.
The Judging Criteria
All entries will be judged by an independent prestigious panel of international jurors led by Brian Wagner, Vice President, PTIS (a HAVI Global Solutions Direct Company). The judging will be based on a set of criteria:
- Excellence in Innovation
- Excellence in Sustainability
- Excellence in Waste/Cost Reduction
Announcement of Winners
Winners will be announced in May during the DuPont Packaging Exchange, a free, global online event that offers participants the opportunity to interact with key leaders of the packaging industry.
Latest posts by Christopher Durham (see all)
- Wegman Introduces A Taste of Italy – Sep 15, 2014
- Woolworths South Africa to Cut GMO’s in Private Brand – Sep 15, 2014
- Kroger’s Simple Truth to Top $1Billion – Sep 14, 2014