Join a team that’s committed to innovation and passionate about serving our guests. Develop trend-right, high-quality, owned-brand food products for our Archer Farms®, Market Pantry®, Sutton & Dodge®, Choxie® and Wine Cube® brands.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Food Product Development Scientist, you’ll take the lead as you…
- Manage vendor-based development of Target’s Owned Brands products, Archer Farms, Choxie, Sutton and Dodge, and Market Pantry
- Create guest focused on-trend items, conducting organoleptic evaluations, product performance and quality attribute assessments, leading product team evaluations, providing feedback to the teams, documenting product evaluations, conclusions and next steps, and providing technical guidance to vendors
- Develop/Create concepts and recipes that replicate items identified in conjunction with business strategy. Ensures products to be commercialized are consistent with Target brand strategies. Research food trends and industry information through publication, trend shows, restaurants, and vendor partnerships
- Work directly with vendors to request product samples, inform them of specific Target requirements, obtain technical information, provide technical direction and guidance, and resolve issues
- Conduct product sensory evaluations and product performance evaluations. Documents and summarizes all product sensory and performance evaluations as well as Private Label Development Team evaluations and decisions
- Conduct first production run evaluations of all new products for compliance to specification and overall approval. Contributes to the development, review and approval of the product specification
- 4-year Degree in Food Science
- One to three years in test kitchen or product development experience working with consumer packaged foods and/or foodservice industry
- Experience in cross functional execution
- Sensory evaluation experience and skills
- Strong Prioritization / Organizational / Documentation skills. Microsoft Office Knowledge (Word and Excel)
- Communicates Effectively, Builds Trust, Maximizes Relationships
Eligible team members will receive one of the best earnings packages anywhere, including competitive pay, all-around insurance coverage, 401(k), flexible scheduling, training and development and many other perks and benefits. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.