Position Title: Senior Brand Manager
Department: Corporate Brands (CB)
Position Reports To: Director Corporate Brand Portfolio Management
Position supervises: Brand Manager, Associate Brand Manager, and Integrated Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Responsible for being the champion for the brands and/or categories assigned, working to develop and drive preference with our customers. Embrace the role of customer advocate, ensuring all brand/marketing activity will be customer driven. Lead strategic thinking; brand building and the translation of the brand strategy across all customer touch points. Partner with cross-functional teams, directing the development of our long-term portfolio strategies of key categories through vision planning. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrate opportunity for category and Corporate Brand Growth. Responsible for product innovation development, as part of category vision as well as brand guardianship. Lead overall marketing planning for assigned brands and/or categories as well as building the overall Corporate Brand marketing plan.
- Lead brand-building processes, ensuring Corporate Brand Team’s efforts are aligned with brand strategy
- Ensure brand strategy is translated into packaging, marketing and merchandising tactics, working collaboratively with Sales & Sourcing, Manager of Integrated Marketing as well as Manufacturing, Merchandising, Enterprise advertising, ad management team and outside agency partners as necessary.
- Through the Manager of Integrated Marketing, create a holistic marketing plan that accommodates the brands/categories/initiatives that he/she is responsible for, as well as consideration for the portfolio initiatives as a whole.
- Leverage best-in-class marketing principles to lead Corporate Brand marketing planning process.
- Drive communication plan for creating overall enterprise alignment to our marketing plans.
- Work with agency partners to ensure marketing strategy, communication strategy and execution are aligned with brand strategy.
- Direct development of long-term vision, business planning and strategies for key categories, working cross-functionally with their Senior Category Planning partner as well as other enterprise stakeholders.
- Drive Corporate Brand growth (sales, volume, profits) by applying knowledge of competitive set, consumer trends and business needs, both short and long term.
- Identification of the target consumers, understanding their needs and the development of an overarching category strategy, driving our key corporate brand strategies across the portfolio.
- Identifies need for new brand(s) and/or offerings, given customer needs and business opportunities.
- Initiate, develop and engage teams in applying consumer/customer/shopper insights for key brands and categories by providing thought leadership that ensures insight is meaningful, validated and holistically grounded.
- Work with dunnhumby partners to further our understanding of our customers.
- Lead budget planning for both marketing and brand management and ensure internal and external expenditures are accounted for and on-track based on budgeted numbers.
- Educate and communicate to cross-functional teams within and outside of Corporate Brands by providing them with the tools that will allow them to understand Corporate Brand vision, mission, strategies, align Corporate Brand Vision to enterprise master brand strategy and Four Keys (business strategies), brand building process and brand tools, and year-on-year Corporate Brand priorities and marketing plans.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop innovative/new CB products within assigned categories and brands, based on customer insights, needs identification and brand architecture.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Director, ensuring strategy and projects are on track, gaining support and guidance.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
Puts the Customer First – Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
Communicates effectively and candidly – Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
Coaches and develops others – Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
Leads change and innovation – Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
Executes with excellence – Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
Provides clear and strategic direction – Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS:
Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Decision Making – Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
Results Oriented – Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment: using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goal attainment: tenaciously working to meet or exceed those goals while deriving satisfaction from the process of goal achievement and continuous improvement.
Technical/Professional Knowledge, Compliance and Skills – Achieving a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position and/or related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. Ensures associates and location comply with laws and regulation applicable to the company.
Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 3-5 years experience in brand management
- Consumer Package Goods, retailer or manufacturer experience
- Brand building, marketing and brand management expertise
- Insight mining expertise
- Consumer targeting and equity development
- Cross-functional team leadership and performance management experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to travel independently
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree Marketing degree
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience in Brand Management
- Master’s degree