Job Number: PRI00280
Provide leadership to Product Development and Design teams by driving and managing the Private Brand business for Men’s Sportswear. Responsible for development and execution of the overall strategy, including strategic planning, sales, margin and marketing direction of the brand(s) for the entire FOB. Build strong relationships with business partners in buying, planning, marketing and other key areas.
- Lead Product Development and Design teams.
- Drive support of the line and financial plans by gathering product performance input from Macy’s Inc., sharing line development and direction, and promoting the assortments.
- Identify, communicate and drive sales and gross margin of key items for the Men’s Sportswear business.
- Lead the product and design teams in identifying merchandising trends, opportunities and new vendors.
- Lead review and analysis of Macy’s Inc. performance.
- Lead the product team in management of the placements and tracking of all shipment dollars.
- Lead in development of overall financial plan for Men’s Sportswear, including sales targets and merchandising strategy.
- Responsible for succession planning for all direct reports and staff.
- Develop strong working relationship with vendor community.
- Collaborate with the vendors on Macy’s initiatives to improve assortments.
- Monitor merchandise performance overall (programs, key items, sales, margins.)
- Review and approve selection of key items and big ideas, including recommended buys and projected sales volume and penetration percent.
- Develop the 3-year Sales Plans, including private brand at the department and vendor level and the seasonal private brands and monthly receipt plans at the department and vendor level.
- Write seasonal market strategies and present to the Senior Executives.
- Develop targets based on market strategies for seasonal top line plans and core vendor plans. Identify opportunities/liabilities and partners with Macy’s Inc. to develop plans.
- 10+ years Product Development and Sourcing experience
- Design, Buying, Planning and Merchandising experience a strong plus
- Ability to think strategically
- Experience leading large teams
- Results driven
- Ability to present to Senior Leadership up to and including CEO