Support the Product development process from design through to the actual sourcing of the product from a global supplier base for a defined business or group of businesses.
- Supports the design phase of the product development process including working with external vendors and 3rd party design firms and the buyers to execute a cohesive line plan that achieves specific margin and brand goals.
- Understanding trends, hot products/categories, target market needs/issues and competition from national vendors and other private labels, and then communicating and reacting as appropriate.
- Primary interface with 3rd Party Design team.
- Plays a vital role in managing relationships with outside constituencies for the business area including agents, vendors and label and packaging suppliers, QA providers and our logistics team.
- Establish grade rule on all Private Label garments.
- Interface with Merchandising on specific style design and intent for Departmental needs.
- Searches the marketplace for innovative new product ideas and trends aligned with corporate growth strategy.
- Source and Identify new Trim and Accessories.
- Executes sourcing strategy and production methods to ensure margin objectives and quality expectations are met.
- Day to day management of Product Development Milestone calendars.
- Works with Group Manager of Product development and the merchants to build merchandising strategy for private brands that will deliver the planned sales, margin and private label penetration goals.
- Understands and communicates the impacts of Import/Vendor Relations and Supply Chain practices and policies and effectively communicates across Logistics and with impacted business partners.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned as needed.
- Demonstrated leadership in identifying and developing innovated products in a selected business.
- 3 years of product development and/or buying/sourcing experience.
- Proven ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams and build processes to deliver results.
- Knowledge of product design, production planning and costing working with domestic and offshore vendors and manufacturers in the respective industry.
- Analytical, strategic planning and financial acumen required.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written to both internal and external audiences.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator