The Brand Director is a key player in updating and maintaining the brand identity of the line and is responsible for pieces of strategic planning, sales and marketing direction for the brand. Responsible for development of the Private Brand 3-year business strategy inclusive of sales, penetration, EDI, EDV and marketing. Lead and coordinate the marketing effort with MMG marketing division.
Sales / Margin:
- Generates support of the line and financial plans by gathering product performance input from divisions, sharing line development and direction and promoting the assortments.
- Responsible for implementation of all weekly selling reports and management summaries.
- Manages divisions placements and tracks all shipment dollars
- Recaps and analyzes all order placements, writes corporate callouts by division, and follows through to make sure changes are implemented.
- Responsible for seasonal line profitability analysis reports
- Oversees all information flow between the product organization and the divisions
- Responsible for identifying and communicating to divisions all reorders and new emerging opportunities.
- Partners with VP in execution of seasonal private brand sales vendor margin plans.
- Communicates to divisions the private brand merchandise and business strategies based on the plans.
- Develops tactics and objectives for each season and meeting.
- Assist marketing in the development of marketing plans and campaigns to support assortments.
- Develops and follows through on all merchandise relating to visual campaigns
- Partners with marketing director on time and action calendar for each season
- Submits all monthly playbooks/selling guides
- Submits seasonal key items and back wall images.
- Provides leadership to division and product staff through product category expertise.
- Coach and develop Brand team.
- Minimum 7-10 years buying/planning experience
- Ability to build partnerships
- Extremely detailed oriented
- Data input with high accuracy rate required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously