In this months edition of the Private Label Manufacturers Association’s web video magazine PLMA Live! Tim Simmons talks with Koen de Jong founding Director of the Netherlands based International Private Label Consult (IPLC) and author of the recently published book, Private Label Uncovered.
De Jong explains what’s behind Europe’s success and compares Private Brands there to those in the U.S.
- What’s driving 40% market shares in several countries?
- Are retail private label strategies different in Europe?
- Will consolidation play a role for manufacturers?
To meet Koen de Jong join me as I chair the Private Brand Movement conference in Chicago September 19 – 21 where he will present a day two keynote titled, “Creating Value Together: How European Retailers And Manufacturers Collaborate To Innovate” Where he will discuss how and why European retailers succeed in reducing the time-to market of their Private Brand innovations. By closely collaborating with their suppliers they tap into themes that live in society and create private label sub-brands based upon this.
- What initiatives can be taken to drive costs out of the supply chain and how to speed op the innovation process
- What drivers are used to fuel the innovation process
- Inspiring examples of niche marketing my means of private label sub-brands