The editors of the monthly trade magazine Private Label have announced the retail winners of their publication’s 2011 Store Brand Leadership Awards and 2011 Store Brand Retailer of the Year Award.
This year’s Store Brand Leadership Award winners include:
- Family Dollar Stores, Inc., Matthews, NC, for the Discount Store Segment,
- Walgreen Co., Deerfield, IL, for the Drug Store Segment,
- Smart & Final, Commerce, CA, for the Warehouse Grocery Store Segment,
- Loblaw Companies Ltd., Brampton, ON, for the Canadian Retailer Segment,
- Walmart Stores, Inc., Bentonville, AR, for the International Retailer Segment
Walmart has been selected as Private Label’s overall 2011 Store Brand Retailer of the Year Award recipient that is drawn from one of the five 2011 Store Brand Leadership Award winners based on the retail segments listed above.
The Store Brand Leadership Awards and Retailer of the Year program is dedicated to honoring North American and International Retailers for their noteworthy contributions to the growth of store brand products in the consumer marketplace.
The retailers were selected from nominations submitted by the readers of the magazine based on one or more of the following store brand criteria:
1. Product Innovation,
3. Marketing–including Advertising and In-Store Merchandising,
4. Employee Involvement,
5. Quality Assurance.
Company profiles of the winners will appear in the upcoming Private Label July-August 2011 issue.