Corporate Brands Sourcing Manager
Ahold USA offers a broad range of career opportunities supporting the North American operations of one of the world’s leading groups of quality supermarkets. A key factor in our success has been our ability to attract and retain the industry’s most talented people.
A career at an Ahold USA company provides associates with a chance to grow a career in areas such as Merchandising, Finance, Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology, Operations, Marketing, Real Estate, Construction Management, Supply Chain and Retail Management. Regardless of your career field, Ahold USA can offer a unique opportunity to work with a team from a diverse group of colleagues unmatched in our industry.
At Ahold USA, we believe in investing in our associates’ careers by offering career growth and a wide range of training and development programs along with unparalleled benefits and incentive plans. We believe in engaging our associates as partners in our success.
At Ahold USA we love what we do. Associates who join our Company help us get better every day by putting the customers of our strong local banners first. They make ideas happen and have the opportunity to work for a global Company known for doing what’s right with a commitment to social responsibility.
Make the better career choice, choose a career with Ahold USA.
Job Grade: 15
Posting Date: 5/24/11 – 6/24/11
Department: Corporate Brands
The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for the strategic sourcing and management of $50-100 Million in Cost of Goods (spend) for Ahold’s retail Corporate Brands (CB) Program. Primary responsibilities include:
- Plan, organize, coordinate and direct all procurement activities relative to the negotiation, procurement and delivery of goods and services in the private label non-perishable categories you will manage
- Manage category spending of $50-100 million with a goal of lowering total cost of ownership for our company. Understand the procurement needs of the organization; research potential supply sources for your categories. Negotiate purchasing and vendor contracts
- Assist Sourcing Senior Management in developing a strategic sourcing model with our CB sourcing Team. Help team develop component costing model
- Demonstrate an understanding and command of the category spending from a company and marketplace perspective
- Develop a long term approach to your category as well as an annual sourcing plan to address the category spend based upon need (new development, redevelopment of the category, contract expiration, or application of sourcing best practices) as well as opportunity
- Oversee the management of vendor relationships in order to ensure that the organization receives maximum value in terms of price, quality, service, and reliability
- Evaluate performance relative to financial, risk management, productivity measures, and the marketplace
- Work with a diverse group of teammates to include supermarket category management teams and on-site brokerage company
- Present yourself as the category expert of your categories to the business and suppliers
- Conduct the RFX (Request For Information, Request for Proposal) process as part of our strategic sourcing process
- Provide periodic reports to clients on sourcing savings and expense reduction of strategically sources categories
Use virtual tools, such as online auctions, to organize sourcing engagements and obtain market information
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any analytical or business discipline (Accounting/Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- MBA or relative advanced degree preferred
- 5 years experience
- Sourcing or Retail experience preferred
Skills and Knowledge
- Understanding how plans fit into overall CB plan
- Leadership/Management experience or potential
- Ability to influence individuals at all levels of an organization and from different backgrounds
- Demonstrated project management skills. Multi-project coordination capability
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills
- Strong presentation skills, including verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to embrace change and lead others in change
- Willing to travel as needed
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Familiar with online sourcing tools