JOIN THE LEADER!
Ralcorp Holdings, Inc
Ralcorp, headquartered in St. Louis, MO, is the leading producer of a variety of value brand and store brand foods sold under the individual labels of various grocery, mass merchandise and drugstore retailers, and frozen bakery products sold to in-store bakeries, restaurants and other foodservice customers. Through a recent merger with Post Foods, Ralcorp is now also a leading producer of branded cereals. Ralcorp’s diversified product mix includes: ready-to-eat and hot cereals; nutritional and cereal bars; snack mixes, corn-based chips and corn snack products; crackers and cookies; snack nuts; chocolate candy; salad dressings; mayonnaise; peanut butter; jams and jellies; syrups; sauces; frozen griddle products; frozen biscuits and other frozen pre-baked products.
We have emerged as a solid and powerful organization focusing on newly energized and highly motivated teams. Today we also emerge with a heightened commitment to expand our presence through new product development and through the acquisition of allied store brand businesses. Through operations in over thirty plants within the United States and Canada we employ about 9,000 people with sales boasting of $4 billion. Every location offers an environment that values each of its employees!
KEY RESULT AREAS:
Aid in the development and rollout of new products, including concept design, lab samples and first production runs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applies sound scientific methods in all stages of development including planning and executing trials, analyzing data, and defining significant next steps.
- Strong interaction with other personnel, sales, operations, process development, commercialization and customers to successfully create bakery systems leading to new business.
- Assisting in the process of development and commercialization of developed systems and to utilize company systems for application, development, organization and communication.
- Focus on product development projects, coordinate development issues with other departments, refine current formulations, maintain formulation methods qualify primary and secondary ingredient vendors, perform product shelf life experiments and maintain the R&D lab and equipment.
- Develop and/or review labels for nutritional value and ingredient deck accuracy.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Food Safety Production Areas
- Notify Supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet American Institute of Baking (AIB), Company, and or Government requirements / standards as prioritized by the
- Inform Management of ANY Food Safety or Quality issues or of any processes, which become noncompliant with specified requirements.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Controls further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the absence of immediate supervisor, will assume necessary operational and administrative duties.
- B.S. Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Engineering (Chemical, Food, or related degree), Microbiology, Nutrition or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Food Manufacturing, Quality or Operations.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in cookie and/or cracker Research & Development.
- Must have the ability to coach and train in these areas, including statistical process and control tools and techniques.
- Efficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, along with supporting verbal and written communication skills.
- Up to 40% to 60%