HBA Global Expo, the product development event for the beauty and personal care industry, has announced the finalists of its Annual International Package Design Awards (IPDA). From among these finalists the Category Winners will be announced at the HBA Global Expo & Conference taking place June 28-30, 2011 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York.
As the only design award to celebrate the year’s most innovative packaging in all of beauty’s product categories, the HBA IPDA received more than 200 entries from major brands, niche players and indie companies. Two new categories were added this year to reflect growing areas for packaging innovation: Sampling/Travel Size and Tools/At-Home Devices.
The Committee of 100, made up of packaging executives, designers, suppliers and media, selected the following finalists in 11 categories, this list includes four Private Brand nominees:
- Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Jumbo Lash Mascara by Physicians Formula; submitted by Physicians Formula
- Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage Cream Makeup by Revlon; submitted by Revlon Consumer Products Corp.
- Revlon Custom Eyes by Revlon; submitted by Topline Products Co.
- Super Stay 24 Color by Maybelline New York; submitted by HLP Klearfold
- Black Magic by Ultraflesh; submitted by ALISON BROD Public Relations
- Peony Blossoms Lip Pots by Estee Lauder; submitted by The Estee Lauder Companies, Inc.
- Royalty Lipsticks by ybf beauty LLC; submitted by ybf beauty LLC
- Stila Color Wheel Palette by Stila; submitted by Stila
- 1200 degrees by L’BEL; submitted by Belcorp
- BUD Budapest by The Scent of Departure; submitted by The Scent of Departure
- Flight by Michael Jordan by Five Star Fragrance; submitted by Five Star Fragrance
- Thinking of You by Mary Kay Inc; submitted by Axilone USA
- Bang by Marc Jacobs; submitted by Qualipac America
- Bleu de Chanel by CHANEL; submitted by CHANEL
- Coach Poppy by Coach; submitted by The Estee Lauder Companies, Inc.
- Happ & Stahns Rosa Alba by Anthropologie; submitted by InterParfums Inc.
- Artisan Botanical Perfume by Pacific Perfumes Ltd; submitted by Pacific Perfumes Ltd
- Aveda Grounding Ritual Candle by AVEDA; submitted by The Estee Lauder Companies, Inc.
- geoGiRL Cosmetics by Pacific World Corporation; submitted by Pacific World Corporation
- Mother Earth Essentials Hotel Amenity Line by Mother Earth Essentials; submitted by Mother Earth Essentials
PERSONAL CARE MASS
- AXE Shower Gel by Unilever; submitted by Edelman
- Camay by Procter & Gamble; submitted by LPK
- Essence of Beauty Body Care Line by CVS/pharmacy; submitted by TricorBraun
- L’Oreal Paris Root Rescue 10 Minute Root Coloring Kit by L’Oreal Paris; submitted by Alison Brod Public Relations
- Softsoap Pampered Hands / Foaming Liquid Hand Soap by Colgate-Palmolive Company; submitted by Colgate-Palmolive Company
PERSONAL CARE PRESTIGE
- 21 Drops Aromatherapy Blends by 21 Drops; submitted by 21 Drops
- Biomega by Aquage; submitted by Aquage
- Ojon Volume Advance: Volumizing Brush on Mousse by Ojon; submitted by The Estee Lauder Companies, Inc.
- Victoria’s Secret Bombshell Body Mist by Victoria’s Secret; submitted by VPI
- Apothia Amenity by Apothia; submitted by Hunter Amenities International Ltd
- Nexxis THERAPPE Shampoo, HUMECTRESS Conditioner & NEW HUMECTRESS Deep Conditioner Sample Pack by Nexxis; submitted by Encompass Elements
- Obagi Travel Size by Obagi Medical Products; submitted by Bay Cities
- sen7 fragrance atomizer by Max Time GmbH; submitted by Max Time GmbH
SKIN CARE MASS
- Nutrasphere Product line by Sonya Dakar; submitted by PKG Group
- L’Oreal Paris Youth Code Eye Cream by L’Oreal Paris; submitted by Alison Brod Public Relations
- tn [teen’s nature] by Yuhan-Kimberly; submitted by Kimberly-Clark
- Toleriane Ultra by La Roche-Posay; submitted by Creative Media Marketing
SKIN CARE PRESTIGE
- bareMinerals Pure Transformation Night Treatment by Bare Escentuals; submitted by
- Bare Escentuals
- b.right! Radiant Skincare by Benefit Cosmetics; submitted by Maesa
- NARUKO Taiwan Magnolia Skincare Range by Naruko; submitted by Naruko
- SK-II Skin Signature and Cellumination by SK-II (P&G Prestige); submitted by NiCE Ltd.
TOOLS/AT HOME DEVICES PACKAGING
- Brush with Genius Set by Bare Escentuals; submitted by Anisa International, Inc.
- GLO Brilliant Personal Teeth Whitening Device by GLO Science, LLC; submitted by BOLD PR
- MAGY-C by SHARON-LEE; submitted by SHARON-LEE HOLDINGS PL
- Real Techniques by Paris Presents Incorporated; submitted by Paris Presents Incorporated
The HBA IPDA Category Winners and Grand Award will be showcased and announced on Tuesday, June 28th in the HBA IPDA Showcase (Booth 721) during HBA Global at the Javits Center. Beauty Packaging and HAPPI magazines are the media sponsors of the HBA IPDA Awards. To view photos of the 2011 IPDA Finalists go to: http://www.hbaexpo.com/ipda_2011finalists