Private Brand Category Analyst: Family Dollar/MMI
Charlotte, North Carolina
Support the customer team with data and recommendations, covering all facets of account support, sales, merchandising, marketing, and planning information. Assist with category and supplier reviews utilizing various analytical tools and sources. Drive integration with the customers merchandising, analytics, and space management teams with best-in-class analytical and merchandising solutions.
- Assist with category reviews that include competitor item selection, retail pricing merchandising strategy, etc.
- Provide analysis to support development of category specific strategies to maximize sales and build market share
- Assist Business Managers in developing annual category business plans and supplier reviews utilizing Microsoft Excel and other analytical tools and sources
- Support the Category Business Managers Buyer/Merchants with data and recommendations, covering all facets of account support, sales, merchandising, marketing, product development and planning information
- Assist Marketing Manager and the entire team with analytical support as called upon Facilitate and take part in knowledge sharing processes with associates throughout the organization and bring this knowledge to customer.
- Maintain promotional calendar of approved promotions. Analyze sales history and provide forecasts for promotional planning. Assist suppliers with forecasts.
- Assist with the completion of retailer new item forms
- Assist with packaging development process
- Category review support using syndicated data
Prefer a Bachelor’s degree or at least 2-4 years of experience in grocery industry. Should demonstrate proven analytical abilities which would include being capable of analyzing business reports to determine trends. Should have excellent computer and communication skills along with strong organization and time management skills. Working knowledge of syndicated data is preferred.
Latest posts by Christopher Durham (see all)
- Fifty2, The MPB Project: Sears – Kenmore – May 16, 2013
- Durham & Seelert To Present Walmart SIGHTLINE At PLB360 Conference – May 16, 2013
- Woolworths South Africa Redesigns Slimmers Choice – May 15, 2013