Facilitate and direct the development and purchase of private branded products manufactured exclusively for Kohl’s Department Stores.
- Drives, rather than executes, private brand and product management
- Builds a working partnership with Kohl’s merchant staff to take the leadership role to create private branded product lines.
- Communicates, conceptualizes, develops, and sets standards for all of Kohl’s private branded products, direct import, and domestic imports.
- Seeks development opportunities domestically and overseas.
- Works with Kohl’s agent (Li & Fung) and domestic manufacturers to source/purchase private branded products.
- Communicate with Kohl’s Merchant group, Planning and Allocation, Product Development team, Agent and our vendors as we create, develop and source new product.
- Partners with the Buyers to drive the process, develop product, determine private brand assortment, and create brand integrity.
- Leads the working relationships between all parties involved in the development and production of private branded merchandise for Kohl’s. Creates comprehensive, cohesive brand presentations.
- Sources product, following all details, pricing strategies, and timing.
- Completes follow-up on all placements to ensure product specifications, quality standards, deadlines, and deliveries are met as contracted.
- Ensures product standards are met once orders are placed with a specific maker.
- Ensures products conform to any or all legal requirements and is packaged and labeled appropriately.
- Active involvement with and knowledge of Kohl’s factory compliance efforts.
- Facilitates the approval process for all private branded merchandise purchased by Kohl’s (trims, packaging, color, fabric, fit, etc).
- Interfaces with Design and Trend team to assist in development of Kohl’s Private Brands.
- Ensures all products are brand and customer appropriate.
- Manages and trains assigned staff.
- Tracks business daily
- Is fully conversant in merchandise statistics of private brands and department business.
- Aggressively pursues new business opportunities and brings to fruition successfully
- Leadership experience in product development and / or merchandising. Private Brand experience a must.
- Overseas business travel, sourcing and purchasing experience for 7+ years.
- Knowledge of the product manufacturing techniques, fabrications, costing that will be used to produce the line of products the manager will be responsible for.
- Extensive line building and merchandising experience.
- Has extensive buying experience.
Additional Information and Disclaimers:
- Regular attendance is required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
- Critical features of this job are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.