The international market research and market data firm Research and Markets has announced the launch of their newest report “Supermarket Own Label Products: The Shoppers Perspective” report.
“Supermarket Own Label Products: The Shoppers Perspective”
Supermarket own label brands increasingly present grocery shoppers with a compelling alternative to national brands at the fixture. Retailers are closing the quality gap in the minds of many shoppers, while retaining strong value credentials.
The strength of supermarket brands continues to grow notably, with retailers placing increasing importance on their own brands to foster store loyalty. 42% of shoppers on average now say they sometimes buy private label instead of brands. The strength of private label naturally varies by category, retailer and shopper demographic, but no category is immune.
This report presents the most up to date and authoritative analysis of the shopper perspective regarding private label goods versus national brands. Aimed at retailers, manufacturers and agencies alike, it offers detailed insight into shoppers’ attitudes, motivation and behavior regarding private label goods versus national brands in food and grocery.
This report will help you to;
- Establish key metrics of own label purchasing among grocery shoppers.
- Recognize the reasons why shoppers buy own label or brands.
- Identify changes in own label purchasing behavior over time. Uncover whether shoppers are buying more private label or brands, and how attitudes have changed since the recession.
- Discover what shoppers perceive to be the key strengths and weaknesses of own label goods versus brands.
- Determine factors that are likely to encourage shoppers to buy more own label
- Ascertain the barriers to purchase among shoppers for own label
- Assess grocery shoppers’ perceptions of quality, price and image of own label versus brands, and understand their reasons why.
- Consider how grocery shoppers’ perceptions of quality, price and image vary by category and demographic.
Key Topics Covered:
- Key findings and summary
- Retailer overview – Own label offering
- What is own label
- The private label shopper: current adoption and changing behavior
- Perceptions of private labels versus national brands
- Price architecture
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/68f719/supermarket_own_la