Cincinnati based grocer Kroger announced that it is recognizing several key Private Brand supplier partners for their exceptional contributions to the company’s business.
Kroger’s Private Brand portfolio includes Private Selection, HomeSense, Comforts, Mirra brand and others.
“Our Supplier of the Year Awards recognize partners that support Kroger’s commitment to give shoppers an extensive selection of quality products at good prices,” said Linda Severin, vice president of Corporate Brands for Kroger. “We thank all of these award recipients for embracing the spirit of our Customer 1st strategy and helping us drive innovation and excellence in our Kroger brands.”
Following are the Supplier of the Year Award categories and honorees for 2011:
- Outstanding Innovator: McCormick & Co., Sparks, Md.
- Outstanding Design Agency: Re:GENERATE Design, Inc., Toronto, Ontario
- Deli: Campbell Soup Co., Camden, N.J.
- Deli/Bakery: Maple Leaf Bakery, Des Plaines, Ill.
- Drug/GM: Diversified Distribution, Woonsocket, R.I.
- Drug/GM: G&S Metal Products Co. Inc., Cleveland, OH
- Floral: Nature’s Flowers, Miami, Fla.
- Meat: Birchwood Foods, Kenosha, Wis.
- Natural Foods: Prime Choice Foods, Bristol, Va.
- Produce: Taylor Farms, Inc., Salinas, Calif.
- Seafood: Trans-Ocean Products, Inc., Bellingham, Wash.
Kroger’s Private Brands team has recognized its outstanding suppliers every year since 1990. This year, the first two categories were added to recognize these suppliers’ unique contributions.
McCormick & Co. received the Outstanding Innovator Award for its collaborative and customer-focused approach to product development. McCormick has been a key Kroger partner for spices and extracts for many years, and the company continues to demonstrate a strong commitment to quality and innovation in product development.
Re:GENERATE Design received the Outstanding Design Agency Award for its part in the effort to update and redesign the Kroger brand line of products. The design firm’s experience in retail brand development and its razor-sharp design strategy were key factors in the program’s success.
The Corporate Brands team also recognized the following Kroger-operated manufacturing facilities for outstanding quality, reliability and customer service in the Grocery category: America’s Beverage Co., Irving, Texas; Springdale Ice Cream & Beverage, Cincinnati; and Layton Dairy, Layton, Utah.