SUPERVALU is a premier food and drug retail powerhouse with world-class supply chain and support services. We are the nation’s third largest grocery provider, with a diversified portfolio of regional retail banners, locally managed and branded, spanning the nation, coast-to-coast and border-to border. As the largest food distributor to retail stores in the United States, we also provide a robust suite of supply chain services to serve both our own retail banners and thousands of independent retailers.
Ongoing pursuit of excellence is a way of life at SUPERVALU and a key to our success. To achieve excellence, we seek associates who will contribute innovative business solutions. We embrace change and welcome others who do.Our employees are as diverse as our opportunities – representing all ages, backgrounds and parts of the country. What they have in common is: talent, passion, sense of urgency, focus, standards, integrity – and an unsurpassed customer orientation. They form the foundation of our SUPERVALU Advantage – the key to our continuing success.
Supervalu’s vision is to become the industry’s Own Brands leader, driving competitive advantage by innovating and taking intelligent risks to create a product experience that continually over-delivers on consumers’ trust, confidence, and loyalty and drives them to seek out Our Own Brands. The Product Manager of Our Own Brands will play a key role in building that experience by leading the development and execution of effective business plans for assigned categories and 1-2 assigned mega brands on an annual basis.
- Lead the development and execution of yearly business plans, penetration goals, strategies, and their rationale to support achievement across assigned categories and brands.
- Work collaboratively with OB Marketing in identifying target consumers and prime prospects for assigned categories and brands, and developing the needed business insights as appropriate. These insights must be translated into actionable strategies.
- Shares in the development and execution of plans to rationalize products and brands across the enterprise.
- Responsible for leading high performing cross-functional teams (marketing, packaging, product development, sourcing, and QA) assigned to specific product categories, and working collaboratively with Merchandising (Corporate, Region, Banners), and key vendor groups to deliver new products, product updates and packaging improvements.
- Work collaboratively with BDM and OB Merchandising on business management on assigned product categories to ensure proper execution of strategy: pricing, placement, distribution, promotion plan, product life cycle, etc.
- Responsible for managing priorities, timing, and resources of multi-functional team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field. MBA preferred
- 4+ years Brand Management experience at a top CPG company
- 2 + years category management or sales experience
- Must have proven track record of understanding the consumer, translating insights into winning plans and a high degree of creativity to find new, compelling ways to build the business
- Proven leadership and collaborative skills including the ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams to successfully achieve initiatives
- Proven experience building brand equity from positioning through communication execution
- Experience and knowledge of retail merchandising, P&L, and operations
- PC applications literate•
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location.