Are you ready for an exciting career move? We’re a $13 billion company with more than 9,300 stores in 35 states and growing by hundreds of stores yearly. We work in an energetic team atmosphere, and believe much of the success of our phenomenal growth is our commitment to developing our employees’ potential. We are committed to building our company with upbeat, talented, motivated persons who will move us toward our mission of “Serving Others”.
Dollar General is seeking a Brand Manager – HBA to handle the delivery of private brand sales and profit and share goals in assigned categories through the development of new products, growth of existing products, efficient strategic sourcing, consumer marketing programs and effective promotional programs. The Brand Manager – HBA will lead a cross-functional team of analysts, sourcing managers, quality assurance and product development to develop and introduce new products, improve existing products and effectively market and promote the brand(s) to consumers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver Private Brands’ goals in assigned categories: sales, margin contribution and share.
- Work closely with category buyers to develop annual business and promotional plans to meet goals.
- Partner with marketing to create in store marketing programs to support brand growth objectives.
- Develop business reviews (category assessments) to identify private brand opportunities.
- Ensure business plan is executed properly: pricing, distribution, promotion plan, etc.
- Establish recommended pricing (initial and on going) for private brand products.
- Negotiate with key suppliers to create products and marketing programs.
- Manage an analyst (non-DG employee) to provide reporting and insightful analysis of category trends and performance.
- Manage sourcing manager to identify and develop manufacturers along with negotiating supply agreements.
- Manage the timing and coordination of projects.
- Manage marketing and promotion budgets for assigned categories.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage brands across multiple categories
- Advanced skills in category analysis, planning, forecasting and budgeting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of initiative, along with excellent execution capabilities
- Good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships at all levels of the company and in the supplier community
- Excellent project management, leadership, and supervisory skills
- Syndicated research experience with good understanding of marketing, merchandising, and retail
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
Work Experience and/or Education
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Management or related field, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in brand/category management required.
Compensation will consist of a competitive salary based on your experience, with bonus potential.
Our Benefits Package
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Long term disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- Company matched 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacation
- On site child care, ATM, cafeteria and fitness facility
- Free covered parking
- Fun, values centered work atmosphere
- Corporate casual dress
- Relocation Assistance
Dollar General is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job: Other Professional Positions
Primary Location: Tennessee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 15% of the time