My Private Brand in partnership with the producers of the FUSE Conference, the premier conference in the brand design world, presents the 2nd annual Private Brand Movement Conference, a revolutionary event for those involved in branding at retail. I am proud to once again serve as the chair of this exciting event working closely with the event producers to build a agenda that will challenge retailers to stretch the boundaries of Private Brands and create brands that our customers know and love. For 2011, the revolution continues, this year we’re expanding the content to cover the complete “branding at retail” continuum – from insights, to creation to marketing. Created for the most forward thinking retailers, manufacturers and their partners, this event has been built in the spirit of collaboration – all sharing the same goal – help retailers discover and invent the next generation of brand management – Private Brand management.
Created as a true collective voice of the industry, we’ll unite the best in retail, branding, design, strategy and marketing of “own brands” to share the latest in brand strategy, design, marketing and packaging trends which will uncover efficient and cost-effective ways to create store brand success. This year’s theme is to celebrate, learn, collaborate and continue evolving the industry…Changing the Game…the evolution continues.
The Private Brand Movement 2011, Changing the Game
September 19-21, 2011 • Wyndham Hotel • Chicago, IL
Last Years Speakers included:
Maurice Markey, VP, Private Brands, SAM’S CLUB, Michael Ellgass, Senior Director, Grocery Marketing, WALMART, Annie Zipfel, Director of Owned Brands, TARGET, Kim Coovert, Brand Manager, Own Brand Food & Drug, KMART, Vassoula Vasiliou, Director of Creative Private Brand Development, OFFICE DEPOT, Nancy Cota, VP Innovation, Consumer Brands, SAFEWAY, Melissa Smith-Hazen, Director Strategic Design, Corporate Brands, AHOLD USA, Angie Hunter, Marketing Department, BLOOM/DELHAIZE AMERICA, Mary Rachide, DVP Private Brands, FAMILY DOLLAR STORES, Marcia Minter, VP Creative Director, L.L. BEAN, Moira Cullen, Senior Director, Global Design, THE HERSHEY CO., Kit Hughes. Art Director, PHILIPS
In 2010, this event attracted more than 150 senior-level executives from the world’s leading retail, manufacturing and design firms, mostly director level and above with expertise in strategy, package design, strategic planning, customer experience, innovation, product development, marketing strategy, brand management, structural design, consumer insights, shopper insights, shopper marketing and design research. Industries included Retail, CPG, Durable Goods and Consumer Healthcare.
OFFICIAL CALL FOR PRESENTERS
Deadline Extended Submission Deadline: Friday, April 29, 2011
We are seeking retailer, Private Brand manufacturers and national brand practitioners – who work to deliver unique retail value across all channels including C-store, office, drug, sporting goods, club, dollar, pet, mass, apparel and grocery- who can share best practices in the form of real-world case studies, stories of what’s worked and what hasn’t. We also encourage you to submit team presentations, where two members of cross-functional teams co-present.
Content breakout sessions include:
Manufacturing in the New Age/ Brand Strategy & Design/ Portfolio Management/ Store Brand Organizational Structure/ Shopper Marketing & Store Brands/ Packaging Trends/ Marketing Brand Strategy / Customer Insights for Product & Packaging Innovation / Go to Market Strategies / Social Media & Digital to Drive Store Brands
Speaking Topic areas include but aren’t limited to:
** We are also happy to consider topics not listed here that you feel would add value and be appropriate for the audience.
- Bridging the Gap between Merchandising, Marketing and Design
- Creating Strength for Retailer Brands: A New Approach to Collaboration
- Collaborating with your Customers: A Holistic Approach to Store Brand Management
- Staging the Theatre: Using the Store Environment to Drive Awareness and Trial of Store Brands
- Accelerating Innovation: Commercializing Ideas Faster
- Principles in Designing across Categories
- Portfolio Management
- Brand, Price and Packaging: The Right Mix for Your Customer
- Distinction through Green Packaging: Less is More
- Consumer-Centric SQU Rationalization & Category Optimization
- Designing to Peak Emotions: Reanimating a Brand’s Sensory Equities to Connect with Customers
- Translating Trends into Valued Driven Products
- Changing the Game: from Procurement to Product Development
- Mapping the Brand Strategy for your Store Brand
- Leveraging Proliferation in the Market Place: Using Private brands to Drive the Value Proposition
- Mitigating Channel Blurring through Unique Store Brands
- Combining Category Management & Shopper Insights for Growth & Loyalty
- Map the Gap: Identifying Opportunities not Addressed in the National Brand Products
- The Role of Promotion and Advertising in the Store Brand Marketing Mix
- Rules of Engagement: What Shoppers Want in Store
- Revitalizing Partnerships: Leveraging National Brand Equity to Further Differentiate
- Redefining Value: The Innovation Conundrum
- From Valued to Premium: Changing the Perception of Your Store Brands
- Building Private Brands that Thrive in Economic Highs and Lows
Those who wish to be considered for the PBM speaker faculty should send the following via email to Amanda Powers, Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, March 15, 2011:
- Benefit-oriented title of session
- Summary of session along with three audience key takeaways (no more than 150 words)
- Full contact details for speaker including name, title, company, email, phone and mail
- Speaker headshot jpeg (optional)
If your submission is selected, portions of your bio and summary will be used to promote your participation.
Many speakers enjoy the exposure and prestige of being associated with the speaker faculty and opportunities to connect with fellow leaders on the roster. You will receive a complimentary pass to the event, giving you access to over 30 sessions and all of our networking activities ($2,300+ value). In addition, you will receive admittance to exclusive speaker networking activities and a substantial discount to off your friends and colleagues.
Attention to Vendors/Suppliers interested in participating in the event
This call is limited to client side presenters. If you are a vendor, consultant, solution provider, or technology provider and would like to speak at the Private Brand Movement or have a presence at the event, contact Sarene Yablonsky, Business Development Manager at email@example.com or via phone at 646.895.7474.
Due to the high volume of response, we are unable to respond to each submission. All those selected to participate, as speakers will be notified shortly after the deadline.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, April 29th