About the Job
Boot Barn is the largest and most dynamic western wear retailer ever. We sell the finest western and work apparel and footwear through our eighty-six retail stores, our e-commerce site Bootbarn.com at Boot Barn our goal is to make shopping as much fun and fulfilling as an eight second bull ride. Not that climbing on a 1000-pound bull in the rodeo arena is fun but you know what we mean.
We’re seeking a Boot Barn Brand Manager/Private Label Product Developer to develop, manage and execute private label product merchandise, as well as execute Boot Barn’s merchandising vision of both the online and brick-and-mortar businesses.
This management position requires vision and leadership in order to contribute to company sales growth and profit objectives through the ability to conceive and cultivate a strategy for the development of unique product styles, from concept through final prototype approval. Product categories include, but not limited to men’s and women’s apparel, men’s and women’s outerwear and men’s and women’s footwear, as well as seasonal product.
Travel is required to Boot Barn stores and competitor shops, industry shows and vendor line showings, as well as possibly Mexico and overseas. This position is based out of our headquarters in Irvine, California.
- Developing new product concepts and designs to meet the needs of Boot Barn’s target customer.
- Initiating the design process by providing trend, color, fabric, art and merchandising direction to the buying team, as well as presenting to senior management for support and approval before rolling out.
- Executing product development activities from conceptual stage through samples to completion of product prototype; supporting to include packaging and other incidental related work requirements.
- Developing private label product development calendar.
- Working with buyers and factories to produce samples from design concepts to final production-ready execution.
- Developing new products by analyzing proposed product development programs and establishing time schedules with buyers and manufacturers, as well as coordinating the creative development of the product.
- Continually accessing market competition by comparing the company’s product to the competitor’s product, ultimately formalizing analysis and review with specific recommendations. This includes trend shopping and traveling domestically to shop the competition.
- Attending key trade shows involving product development opportunities to understand and create products that satisfy customer needs.
- Achieving a specific and defined level of IMU versus plan, sales dollars and gross margin dollars versus plan, as well as penetration of proprietary product versus plan.
- Traveling to Mexico and overseas for sourcing purposes with the merchants and sourcing leadership.
Things we’d like you to bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in purchasing, merchandising, retailing or a related field is required
- 3 – 5 years of progressive work experience in a product development role and/ or some combination of work experience as an assistant buyer/ buyer in a retail environment is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and an analytical mindset
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Must be extremely self-motivated, take initiative and drive results.
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, multiple-priority environment.
How to Apply: Email your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org