Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. serves customers and members more than 200 million times per week at more than 8,100 retail units under 55 different banners in 15 countries. With fiscal year 2009 sales of $401 billion, Wal-Mart employs more than 2.1 million associates worldwide.
Product Execution is responsible for production and accountable to execute private label seasonal assortments through selecting appropriate vendors, negotiating cost, and supervising shipment and delivery timelines. This position integrates the functions both internally and externally and determines production capabilities in order to identify and improve pricing and accelerate growth, efficiency and quality of the production process. The Sr. Manager for Produce Execution monitors and executes activities across all private label brands to determine strategic sourcing initiatives related to Global Procurement and domestic suppliers. The incumbent is expected to exploit apparel-wide leverage relative for the capacity and capabilities of the supplier base. Ability to champion change, build strategies and execute accordingly.
- Develops vendor matrix (approved list of vendors for private label apparel production.)
- Identifies strategic vendors to partner with in various categories/areas of business.
- Assesses current vendor performance through quarterly and annual scorecard.
- Selects vendors for private label apparel programs.
- Works with cross functional team leads to understand the critical needs of the program from GGDP to final Gold Seal.
- Utilizes vendor matrix to select appropriate vendors to bid out the program.
- Ensures selected vendors have adequate capacity for the program in the given season.
- Works with vendors to execute required changes, get additional samples when needed, and coordinate approval process.
8-10 years related apparel industry experience, preferably with manufacturing or production.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or related experience.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Req ID: 19720BR