The 5th edition of the Pentawards, the world’s major competition devoted exclusively to packaging design is open for entries from April 4th to May 20th 2011. The contest is notable to Private Brand readers because it includes 5 categories for Private Brands including: Beverages, Food, Body, Other Markets and Luxury.
The competition will be judged by an international jury that will select the winners in accordance with the creative quality of the work submitted.
The jury is chaired by Gérard Caron of Paris, France of Admirable Design other jury members include:
- Michael Aidan: Danone Waters, Danone Waters (France)
- Daniel Dittmar: Director, Brand Design – BIC Corporation, BIC USA Inc. (USA)
- Mark Cowan: Founder, managing director of Cowan (Australia)
- Brian Houck: Director, Creative Services The Dial Corporation, A Henkel Company (USA)
- Raf De Geyter: Design Manager at P&G
- Bruce Duckworth: Founding partner of Turner Duckworth London & San Francisco.
- Graham Shearsby: Group Creative Director of branding agency, Design Bridge.
- Yoshio Kato: Creative Director and Executive General Manager, Design Department of Suntory Japan
- André Hindersson: Creative Director and co-founding partner of Silver in Stockholm, Sweden
- Adrian Pierini, Founder and general creative director at Pierini Partners
- Jennifer Tsai: Managing and creative director of Proad Identity
- Yuan Zong Lei: Art Director at Jahwa Group, Shanghai (China)
By participating in Pentawards, you will have the opportunity of comparing your creations with others from all over the world, and you will have the possibility of winning a prestigious award which will allow you to demonstrate your creativity and expertise.
An international jury composed of 12 professionals from packaging design and marketing and its chairman will bestow the Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Pentawards. The best of the show will be crowned with the prestigious and unique Diamond Pentaward.
Avery Dennison, EskoArtwork, Luxepack and Sleever International, all official sponsors of the Pentawards, will each handover a special prize (worth 5,000€).
All winning designs will be published by Taschen in the second volume of “The Package Design Book”.
The winners will be exhibited in January 2012 at The DesignPack Gallery in Paris (France).
The Pentawards ceremony will be presented on September 29, 2011 in New York, Times Square, at the Marriott Marquis hotel.
CALL FOR ENTRIES:
Registration will be open online from the April 4th to May 20th 2011 for all packaging, or line of packaging, created or placed on the market since 1 January 2010, anywhere in the world.
Entry fee per creation submitted in a category:
EARLY BIRD – from 4 April to 15 April 2011 – €150
FULL REGISTRATION – 16 April to 13 May 2011 – €195
LAST CHANCE – from 14 May to 20 May 2011 – €225