Job Number: DES00166)
Location: New York City
This position reports to the Design Manager or Design Director. Responsible for the design, development, selection and approval of materials, silhouettes, colors and patterns for area of responsibility.
- Prepares line and presentation material for Line Previews and Buy Meetings.
- Partners with Product Manager in set-up and presenting to Customers (Divisions) at Line Previews and Buy Meetings for area of responsibility.
- Prepares design development materials for global vendor/manufacturing partners and provides timely feedback on samples.
- Minimum 5 years design background in specified category.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Excel.
- High level of taste, creativity and design expertise.
- Strong color sense.
- Strong print & pattern sense.
- Knowledge and understanding of shape design.
- Proven ability to build an assortment.
- Team oriented with proven organizational skills, time management and strong interpersonal skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven self starter who can show a lot of initiative and work well independently.
- Must be well spoken and comfortable presenting ideas and strategies to various levels of management.
- This position will also require extensive travel overseas.